• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#121 Ender

Ender

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 54 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

How did Discotheque sound from Vegas? Was that anything like the album version? I know I've heard it but it's been a while. Not a fan of the "garageband" sound that they've more or less had of it from PopMart Mexico and even on the best of. Way too minimal.

Nashville indietronica artist. Husband. Father. Dreamer. SUCCESS is not a bad word - it's the BEST word. The only thing to fear is not pursuing your dreams.

#122 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

How did Discotheque sound from Vegas? Was that anything like the album version? I know I've heard it but it's been a while. Not a fan of the "garageband" sound that they've more or less had of it from PopMart Mexico and even on the best of. Way too minimal.

I think  the VEGAS version is the closest they come to the atmosphere it had on the album...The so called "glitches" as people who hate the gig and *POP* call it make the performance perfect....Those sounds can only be heard once in a lifetime........Of course it's different but in the good way.....Believe it or not....I also think they did a great job with Discotheque on the ELEVATION tour....in the short while they played it.....They went into a different experimental direction with it......

Edited by pain_18_, 22 March 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#123 Ender

Ender

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 54 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

I think  the VEGAS version is the closest they come to the atmosphere it had on the album...The so called "glitches" as people who hate the gig and *POP* call it make the performance perfect....Those sounds can only be heard once in a lifetime........Of course it's different but in the good way.....Believe it or not....I also think they did a great job with Discotheque on the ELEVATION tour....in the short while they played it.....They went into a different experimental direction with it......

I'm going to have to hear both of those again. Know where I can find them?

Nashville indietronica artist. Husband. Father. Dreamer. SUCCESS is not a bad word - it's the BEST word. The only thing to fear is not pursuing your dreams.

#124 Ender

Ender

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 54 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

I'm going to have to hear both of those again. Know where I can find them?

Nevermind I found this:

#125 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

#126 Frankaz

Frankaz

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,304 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

popsig.png

#127 Frankaz

Frankaz

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,304 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

popsig.png

#128 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

I will have to dig into these later, Frankaz.... Now I'm drawing !!!

#129 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

WOW Frankaz !!!! I  had forgotten that Johannesburg was the last stop for the PopMart tour....... And  it certainly slipped my mind over the time that this show was THIS good......Seems the Vegas opener and the Johannesburg closer were the best shows or among the best, anyway !!!   I must say Mexico wasn't that good.....really.....

ALSO....I dig that great opening they used for Last Night on Earth for the first few shows...the long one....with those sounds and the cartoons.  They cut it short later on the tour and it lost its' charm ......

However....... The Vegas - Mofo is incomparably better than the Johannesburg - Mofo .....  And I prefer the Electrical Staring at the Sun to the acoustic, anyday !

Edited by pain_18_, 25 March 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#130 Grande 3:16

Grande 3:16

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 401 posts
  • LocationWhere The Streets Have No Name (Perth, Western Australia)

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

I must say Mexico wasn't that good.....really.....

Too many close ups of the band and not enough spectacle of the show. It's also so blurry it looks like they used a mattress for a lens filter.

It's too bad there's no YT clips of the PopMart show I attended, as it's the only one I've heard where Discotheque gets TWO outros. Right where it should be blending into Velvet Dress it just exploded into another outro. It was awesome!

"There's obviously been a clear case of instrument envy and Sting and myself have four thick, long strings and he's got six girly ones." - Adam Clayton

#131 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

I must say Mexico wasn't that good.....really.....

Too many close ups of the band and not enough spectacle of the show. It's also so blurry it looks like they used a mattress for a lens filter.

It's too bad there's no YT clips of the PopMart show I attended, as it's the only one I've heard where Discotheque gets TWO outros. Right where it should be blending into Velvet Dress it just exploded into another outro. It was awesome!
WHERE, HOW ??? I wanna know !!!!! Those shows may be hidden on U2startdotcom...Just tell me which ones !

Edited by mich40, 25 March 2017 - 04:38 PM.

#132 Grande 3:16

Grande 3:16

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 401 posts
  • LocationWhere The Streets Have No Name (Perth, Western Australia)

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

Perth Feb 17 1998.

There is an audio bootleg (sometimes titled "Wake Up Dead Perth") but the sound quality is pretty poor.

"There's obviously been a clear case of instrument envy and Sting and myself have four thick, long strings and he's got six girly ones." - Adam Clayton

#133 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Perth Feb 17 1998.

There is an audio bootleg (sometimes titled "Wake Up Dead Perth") but the sound quality is pretty poor.

.........  Hhhhmm.....Lemme check and I will get back with the results.

#134 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Yep.....2 parts.....2 stars outta 5........Source : Audience Microphone..... Downloaded it anyway ..... 

So NO YT links ????

Edited by pain_18_, 25 March 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#135 Frankaz

Frankaz

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,304 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

WOW Frankaz !!!! I  had forgotten that Johannesburg was the last stop for the PopMart tour....... And  it certainly slipped my mind over the time that this show was THIS good......Seems the Vegas opener and the Johannesburg closer were the best shows or among the best, anyway !!!   I must say Mexico wasn't that good.....really.....

ALSO....I dig that great opening they used for Last Night on Earth for the first few shows...the long one....with those sounds and the cartoons.  They cut it short later on the tour and it lost its' charm ......

However....... The Vegas - Mofo is incomparably better than the Johannesburg - Mofo .....  And I prefer the Electrical Staring at the Sun to the acoustic, anyday !

Yeah, it was certainly a good show. I think I'd prefer one of the European shows to Las Vegas, too many of their live concerts are American recordings.

Also I'd like the full audio from the Sarajevo concert, the BBC broadcast it live...

popsig.png

#136 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, it was certainly a good show. I think I'd prefer one of the European shows to Las Vegas, too many of their live concerts are American recordings.

Also I'd like the full audio from the Sarajevo concert, the BBC broadcast it live...

You know.....As long as it's *POP*-related....Anything goes !!!!!!  I think I have the full audio from the Sarajevo concert.

#137 Frankaz

Frankaz

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,304 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

I have it on cassette (remember those!!!) but I'd like an official release, surely the BBC recorded it? I know they released Sunday Bloody Sunday on the 'Angels single...

popsig.png

#138 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

I have it on cassette (remember those!!!) but I'd like an official release, surely the BBC recorded it? I know they released Sunday Bloody Sunday on the 'Angels single...

Ditto !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: *POP*, 20thAnniversary, LOVE, MOFO, InsertTAGhere