Your Band. Your Questions.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 U2Community

U2Community

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 344 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

The Joshua Tree is 30 on Thursday and to celebrate, the band will be live online to answer your questions. #AskU2 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017

View the full article

You can also add yours below!

#2 drunkchicken1

drunkchicken1

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 269 posts
  • LocationDülmen, Germany

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Can we have one of those "what time is it in the world?" things please? I have no idea what "3pm EST" is as I live in Germany - thanks in advance

#3 mich40

mich40

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,563 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

Can we have one of those "what time is it in the world?" things please? I have no idea what "3pm EST" is as I live in Germany - thanks in advance

That would be 9pm in Germany.

Posted Image

#4 Arngrim

Arngrim

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 97 posts
  • LocationSandy, Oregon

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

1. Will the band please play The Joshua Tree in sequence order, as long as the setlist builds up to "Where the Streets Have No Name" first?
2. What will U2 do to honor the 20th anniversary of POP and the PopMart Tour?
3. When is that Rattle and Hum Super Deluxe Edition with the remastered movie on Blu-ray coming out?

Edited by Arngrim, 07 March 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#5 bigwave

bigwave

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,969 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

#6 Judith86

Judith86

Babyface ✪✪

• 35 posts
  • LocationFront row

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

Working on my question :)

Boom Cha

#7 adrnik

adrnik

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 141 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

Here's my question.

What do you feel are the differences and similarities of the wider narrative between when the JT was first released and today?

Part B

Could you give a shout out at the London gig on 8th July to Adrian & Nikki & Amelie??!!

#8 gman70

gman70

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 127 posts
  • LocationScottish Highlands

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

I want to know how u2 feel about so many tickets for their shows ending up in the hands of scalpers?

"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be th​ought an idiot, than open it and remove all doubt"

#9 Grande 3:16

Grande 3:16

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 401 posts
  • LocationWhere The Streets Have No Name (Perth, Western Australia)

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

I want to know how u2 feel about so many tickets for their shows ending up in the hands of scalpers?

https://youtu.be/7vMgAyqCC9c?t=4m31s

In another interview for the same show Bono said it "stinks"

"There's obviously been a clear case of instrument envy and Sting and myself have four thick, long strings and he's got six girly ones." - Adam Clayton

#10 Grande 3:16

Grande 3:16

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 401 posts
  • LocationWhere The Streets Have No Name (Perth, Western Australia)

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

Why are you ignoring Pop?

Edited by Grande 3:16, 08 March 2017 - 10:01 AM.

"There's obviously been a clear case of instrument envy and Sting and myself have four thick, long strings and he's got six girly ones." - Adam Clayton

#11 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

Why are you ignoring Pop?

#AskU2

1. When is the Super-Deluxe Edition of *POP* getting released ?

2. IF God won't send his Angels and it doesn't get released.....Can we fans on here on U2dotcom get any *POP* goodies....like...Eeeem...Some demos or rare cuts from the era ?

3. Are you SURE the best career-move for you right now is to do this TJT at 30  tour - thing .......Instead of immersing yourselves deep into the work-process for SOE  ?

Edited by pain_18_, 08 March 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#12 Judith86

Judith86

Babyface ✪✪

• 35 posts
  • LocationFront row

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

I would love to ask about Pop too... but I think they will easily ignore those questions....

Boom Cha

#13 mich40

mich40

• 12,563 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

Guys, just a friendly reminder, if you have hopes of the band possibly answering a question of yours, I suggest keeping the questions to The Joshua Tree and the tour then and now.

Posted Image

#14 gman70

gman70

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 127 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

https://youtu.be/7vMgAyqCC9c?t=4m31s

In another interview for the same show Bono said it "stinks"

The Rattling of Jewllery problem is a whole lot worse these days, thats for sure

"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be th​ought an idiot, than open it and remove all doubt"

#15 gman70

gman70

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 127 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

#Asku2

Why didnt Mothers of the Disappeared feature more on the original tour. The full band version i saw on youtube, worked brilliantly and sounded superb. Could easily have been a highlight if played regular

Edited by gman70, 08 March 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#16 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

I would love to ask about Pop too... but I think they will easily ignore those questions....

Ask !!! Don't hold back !

#17 Max Tsukino

Max Tsukino

• 14,834 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Ask !!! Don't hold back !

but please recognize that your chances will be higher if it's about the Joshua Tree and/or this current tour...

JT30_Sig_zpsnfxq5kfz.jpg

#18 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

#ASKU2

1. Are you considering re-releasing The Joshua Tree for the U2dotcom fans, as a definitive edition BIG hard-back book where we have both the perspective you had about the world back then and the one you have now, while looking back, with never before seen photos (and well known too) by Anton Corbijn, containing the album and a second disc with rare cuts never released before....Maybe reworking some demos you  left off (with WAV//FLAC download possibility) ?

Later Edit:

1. Will SOE ever get released ?

2. If Yes....How does this TJT revisit//tour feed the band's creative flow for SOE ?

Looks like my first question fell short as U2 re-released the TJT at 30 colletion.

Edited by pain_18_, 09 March 2017 - 08:36 AM.

#19 febottini

febottini

Playboy Mansion ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,348 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

- I believe you're rehearsing for the tour. Which songs didnt you remember how to play? Who got the worst memory? 

- In 1987, U2 were in the cover of TIME magazine as 'Rock's Hottest Ticket'. Would you imagine that after 30 years you'd still be at the top? What's the secret?

7632973530_0c548fe21e.jpg

#20 Afliktor

Afliktor

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:04 AM

Hi U2, thanks for saving my life.  I'm going to 5 shows this tour and I can't wait!   I've been on this musical journey with you for 20 years now and so I actually have way more than 11 questions... but for the sake of thematic integrity I've narrowed it down to just 11, in that hopes that I'll be lucky enough to have one answered :)

1. 2017 is also the 20th anniversary of Pop, which is the album that made me a lifelong U2 fan when I was just 8 years old.  You’ve kind of distanced yourself from it over the years and it seems to unfairly have gone down in history as a “misstep.”  Are you guys aware that it’s actually quite popular within the fandom, almost like a “cult classic?”  Would you consider playing any songs from Pop for the upcoming tour?  ...Please? :) (Bono, I'm looking at you. I know you love Please.)

2. Do you remember the first time you played Streets live and you felt like “God walked in the room?”  Did you know from the beginning it’d be a song you’d end up playing every show of every tour?

3. In re-listening to The Joshua Tree 30 years later, are there any songs that surprised you somehow?  Like songs that are better than you remember, or you’re able to see in a new light?  Which one are you most excited to play live?

4. When is Songs of Experience coming out?  Anyone but Bono can answer.  (I love you Bono.  Call me.)

5. With The Joshua Tree U2 became the biggest band in the world.  Did you realize your dominion over the earth would last over 30 years?  Will there ever be a successor to U2, or are you truly “the last of the rockstars?” 

6. You’ve played Bullet the Blue Sky almost every tour, and brilliantly re-invented it each time.  Which version do you think was best, and how do you plan on playing it this tour?  Considering the Trump presidency, can we expect more righteous anger from Bono like the Dreamforce performance? (mind-blowing, btw!)

7. Is there any song from The Joshua Tree you’d like to hear remixed by a modern artist?  If so, can you please send me the master tracks and also all the stems to Pop?  Thanks!

8. If you could go back in time and re-record The Joshua Tree, what (if anything) would you change?

9. Edge, you said in U2 by U2 that you wrote Where The Streets Have No Name one evening by “attempting” to “conjure up the ultimate U2-live song.”  What other ridiculously ambitious and unbelievably awesome things have you managed to conjure up in a single evening?  Do you think you could have built Rome in a day, or do your powers only work at night?

10. Larry, you’re one of the most underrated drummers ever, and one of the things that amazes me is how you can come up with a “signature beat” that defines a song, which is very rare in rock music - Bullet and Sunday Bloody Sunday, for example.  How do you do that?  What’s your approach?  

11. Can The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Make America Great Again? You’re our only hope, U2.  Please save us.

If you guys answer one of my questions I will be overjoyed... love you <3333 #AskU2 #U2TheJoshuaTree2017