Subscriber Gift

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 peggytwoten

peggytwoten

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 119 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

It sure would have been nice to announce something from the Joshua Tree 30th anniversary packages as a subscriber gift.  I'd love to get the "Live at Madison Square Garden" - I have just about everything else from the JT 20th anniversary release and various singles.  And I really dislike most mixes.  Or how about a special edition that doesn't include stuff from the 20th anniversary package?  Sorry, but not buying this one - and still waiting for the subscriber gift info.

#2 follow

follow

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Sent an email yesterday about gift and reply was  that none had been decided on yet. HUH??

#3 monica martino

monica martino

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 6,001 posts
  • LocationNorthside, just across the river to the southside

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

The bag or the tshirt would have been nice joined to the download of the live

#4 Malahide

Malahide

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,820 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

The book with the pictures of Edge in the new JT box would have been a great subscriber gift, certainly in combination with the prints of Anton Corbijn.

#5 monica martino

monica martino

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 6,001 posts
  • LocationNorthside, just across the river to the southside

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

The book with the pictures of Edge in the new JT box would have been a great subscriber gift, certainly in combination with the prints of Anton Corbijn.

ehi I thought you love tshirts :P

#6 Malahide

Malahide

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,820 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

shame.gif 

#7 Malahide

Malahide

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,820 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:36 PM

I do love T-shirts (thanks again Monica :)), but since I'm considering to not buy the new box (although I haven't decided yet) I'd like to have the picture book and the prints. 

#8 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,240 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

THIS and  some music....But I'd be pleased  with just the Hard-Back Book .....

Edited by pain_18_, 11 March 2017 - 08:52 AM.

#9 Frankaz

Frankaz

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,194 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:43 AM

It sure would have been nice to announce something from the Joshua Tree 30th anniversary packages as a subscriber gift.  I'd love to get the "Live at Madison Square Garden" - I have just about everything else from the JT 20th anniversary release and various singles.  And I really dislike most mixes.  Or how about a special edition that doesn't include stuff from the 20th anniversary package?  Sorry, but not buying this one - and still waiting for the subscriber gift info.

I agree with you. This is a rather pointless release considering we already have the 20th anniversary edition. It is also woefully over priced, £75 for 4 cd's? Two of which I already have anyway! Why can't they give us what we really want, a Super Deluxe version of *POP*!

And yes let's get the subscriber gift announced!

popsig.png

#10 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,240 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

I'm starting to think....The Subscriber Gift will be SOE ,  ahead of it's official release .... Maybe with some exclusive tracks, for us..... Am I dreaming Out Too Loud ?

#11 Ender

Ender

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 53 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

I agree with you. This is a rather pointless release considering we already have the 20th anniversary edition. It is also woefully over priced, £75 for 4 cd's? Two of which I already have anyway! Why can't they give us what we really want, a Super Deluxe version of *POP*!

And yes let's get the subscriber gift announced!

POP!!!!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice if they did that as a gift for us die-hards... just avoided presenting it publicly?

Nashville indietronica artist. Husband. Father. Dreamer. SUCCESS is not a bad word - it's the BEST word. The only thing to fear is not pursuing your dreams.

#12 Frankaz

Frankaz

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,194 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hmm. I think it would be popular in Europe... just not the USA...

POP's singles did very well here in the UK. So did the album too.

popsig.png

#13 Grande 3:16

Grande 3:16

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 392 posts
  • LocationWhere The Streets Have No Name (Perth, Western Australia)

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Medium, Rare and Remastered II - POP era!

"There's obviously been a clear case of instrument envy and Sting and myself have four thick, long strings and he's got six girly ones." - Adam Clayton

#14 Ender

Ender

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 53 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hmm. I think it would be popular in Europe... just not the USA...

POP's singles did very well here in the UK. So did the album too.

I still say that in many ways that album was 20 years ahead of its time. It could have been released fresh, brand-new anytime in the last 5 or so years and been a mega hit. Yes, it was very much infused by the late 90s sound but there's a LOT of that and the 80s sound running around now, and I think the thematic content, at this cultural time, would hit home.

Which leads me to believe they should embrace it, re-release it, and rather than be apologetic for it, say "look what we did 20 years ago that you're going to LOVE now. We were WAAAAAAY ahead of you".

Nashville indietronica artist. Husband. Father. Dreamer. SUCCESS is not a bad word - it's the BEST word. The only thing to fear is not pursuing your dreams.