Joshua Tree Remaster Reissue

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 surferdad

surferdad

Numb ✪

• 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Feeling like the newest re-issue of The Joshua Tree is nothing but a cash grab. Not making the new material (the live show and new re-mixes) available separately is nothing but greed. How many times does U2 and their management want me to buy The Joshua Tree in order to get material only available with the purchase of The Joshua Tree.

#2 adrnik

adrnik

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

The price is rather steep isn't it?

It wouldn't be so bad if we could use our membership 25% discount on it but I doubt that will work.

I wonder also if the additional cd's will be available on iTunes?

#3 surferdad

surferdad

Numb ✪

• 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

I'm just so glad that the U2 corporation focused on re-releasing The Joshua Tree yet again versus coming up with the subscriber gift that people have already paid for. I can imagine that meeting, "What's the priority Guy Oseary, putting out the cash grab Joshua Tree again or coming up with something for the paid subscribers?" "Paid subscribers are hooked, lets focus on getting people to buy The Joshua Tree yet again. Damn I love suckers all the way to the bank."

#4 Grande 3:16

Grande 3:16

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 401 posts
  • LocationWhere The Streets Have No Name (Perth, Western Australia)

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

I bought it on cassette, then I bought it on CD, then I bought the 20th anniversary boxset. Not buying it a 4th time.

However I would quite happily buy Pop for a 3rd time hint hint.

"There's obviously been a clear case of instrument envy and Sting and myself have four thick, long strings and he's got six girly ones." - Adam Clayton

#5 Arngrim

Arngrim

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 97 posts
  • LocationSandy, Oregon

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

CA$H GRAB.

I want POP and Rattle and Hum Super Deluxe sets!!!!!!

#6 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

To Grande and Arngrim :  YES, dudes, YES !!!!!! B) B) B)

Edited by pain_18_, 10 March 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#7 Ender

Ender

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 54 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

I bought it on cassette, then I bought it on CD, then I bought the 20th anniversary boxset. Not buying it a 4th time.

However I would quite happily buy Pop for a 3rd time hint hint.

^ This

Nashville indietronica artist. Husband. Father. Dreamer. SUCCESS is not a bad word - it's the BEST word. The only thing to fear is not pursuing your dreams.

#8 bmillis

bmillis

Numb ✪

• 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

$119 for Joshua Tree Super Deluxe!!?  I think I will just steal it from the internet.   I look forward to someone uploading it when it is released.  Thanks U2!

#9 adrnik

adrnik

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 141 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:11 PM

I tunes have it showing as £25 for the download of the CD's including the live one and remixes.

#10 jimk

jimk

Numb ✪

• 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Sadly, I have to agree.  Feel like fans are being taken for a ride - for this release and even for the tour.  Will be giving both a miss (and that's a first for me in 30 years)

#11 surferdad

surferdad

Numb ✪

• 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

I am definitely giving the album a pass. I love U2 but will not allow myself to be ripped off by them and their new management.  At this point I am passing on this tour, a first for me as well but I may cave come show day.

As an aside, my son is in a band that recently got signed to a small label. They are putting out their previously released independent album with some remixing and slight additional recording added on their new label. They have next to no money but have already reached out to fans who purchased the independent release to contact them directly and they'd get the label release to them for free. Because it's the right thing to do. It burns my balls when my kid with no money can do the right thing but a rich band like U2 and their organization can't. 

I truly think a lot less of U2 for this. 

Edited by surferdad, 10 March 2017 - 09:52 PM.

#12 zooropamofo

zooropamofo

Numb ✪

• 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:22 AM

I shelled out for the super deluxe set on vinyl.  I was only 6 yrs old when TJT was released, so I missed out on the mania and the cool vinyl back then.  Glad to be able to obtain it now in a nice set.  I'll just have to do without some other luxuries for a bit.

#13 mich40

mich40

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,563 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

I shelled out for the super deluxe set on vinyl.  I was only 6 yrs old when TJT was released, so I missed out on the mania and the cool vinyl back then.  Glad to be able to obtain it now in a nice set.  I'll just have to do without some other luxuries for a bit.

Isn't it lovely? I have my vinyl from way back then and it was well loved and played much. When the 20th Anniversary box came out, I opted for the CD version. In the last few years, I've gotten much more into my vinyl again. So I have pre-ordered the Super Deluxe vinyl too. It's so pretty.

Posted Image

#14 joshthetree

joshthetree

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,254 posts
  • LocationFrackpool

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

Joshua Tree rere issue looks good but couldve been great more unreleased material, one or two dvd shows, there are so many Rattle & Hum outtakes that are begging to be released, etc. That said look forward to the live Cd, remix disc, extra track and book.
fact is fiction and TV reality

#15 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

Wandering IF or WHY won't the 30th Anniversary  reissue of TJT be available in High Grade Remastered Studio Quality - I E 24 bit or more ..... Or something........it's puzzling...... Why use the previous 2007 remaster if you're charging such big bucks on it......... Only for packaging and the new hardback books ?....... This being said....I'm not buying it.......Wish I could have translated the original TJT cassette I have (when it used to work well) onto some HQ digital format ....... Dunno about the 2007 reissue....I listened to it today and the remaster seems poor..... Maybe it depends on the mood...lol...I dunno....cause some days it seems really good.....Hah !

Edited by pain_18_, 25 March 2017 - 01:55 PM.