360 TOUR SONG CHOICES

wes_mcgurk

What's going on??? I don't understand why U2 are leaving out thier only UK number 1 in years out of the live set. Sometimes you can't make it onyour own is one of my favourite U2 tracks. I'm totally shocked they arent doing it on this tour. I'm going to see them in Glasgow on tuesday and mustsay I'm totally gutted!!! And for some reason I will follow has been dropped for this tour also. Im pretty sure that these songs could have been donerather than having 6 or 7 tracks from the new album in there, which I'm sorry to say don't even come close to being as good.

You have to have so many tracks from the new album after all you are touring the album & new songs. This band has a difficulty in that they have so manygoods songs. Would I have liked to see I will follow, The Fly etc? of course i would but i got bad, ulta violet, new years day, until the end of the world& elevation..........

We can't have everything if we could that would be perfection

• Subscriber

Totally agree with Unos! Went to Wembley on Friday and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the new tracks. Magnificent was of course Magnificent,Boots was better than the album and Crazy was extremely crazy!! I also love Sometimes you carnt make it on your own and I think it was one of the stand outtracks from the Vertigo tour, fantastic lyrics and vocals by Bono. From 13 albums it hard to select just 23 songs!! See you all at Don Valley on Thursday!!

• Subscriber

wes mcgurk wrote:

What's going on??? I don't understand why U2 are leaving out thier only UK number 1 in years out of the live set. Sometimes you can't make it on your own is one of my favourite U2 tracks. I'm totally shocked they arent doing it on this tour. I'm going to see them in Glasgow on tuesday and must say I'm totally gutted!!! And for some reason I will follow has been dropped for this tour also. Im pretty sure that these songs could have been done rather than having 6 or 7 tracks from the new album in there, which I'm sorry to say don't even come close to being as good.

You might not know this, but U2 have dozens and dozens of songs and in order to make the show to run for a reasonable time, certain songs, even ifthey are #1 songs, have to be exluded.

Be lucky with what you got, ok? They cannot and will not please everyone. Don't like it? Well, frack you!

To be honest i was looking frward to hearing this song so i kinda agree with the poster......

But i think after playing it every night on the Vertigo tour maybe it's lost it's meaning and pasion to Bono a bit?????

It could be like Ultraviolet. A great song that is left for 15 years and then enjoyed even more when it makes a return after such a length of time. Overall, itseems U2 are not playing many songs of HTDAAB (only Vertigo, COBL i think). Would have been great to hear ABOY, hoping its added for US!

I personally feel, anything played is great, and anything that isn't? Just have to wait another 4 years :)

I dont mind not hearing the Fly so much as the posters are right in the sense that they have so many songs to choose from and you cannot please all the peopleall of the time.

I do think that U2 need to think about how they start the concert though. Whilst I like the 4 songs they do first, Im not sure they are show openers and itdidnt really feel to me that the crowd were really engaged until Beautiful day.

My only other criticism of the show is the ending, I dont think MOS should be the final song, it all feels a bit flat when it finished but im sure othersdisagree.

Overall I think the show was a good one (not a great one) and certainly not the worst Ive seen them by any stretch of the imagination.

• Subscriber

Richie1 wrote:

I dont mind not hearing the Fly so much as the posters are right in the sense that they have so many songs to choose from and you cannot please all the people all of the time.

I do think that U2 need to think about how they start the concert though. Whilst I like the 4 songs they do first, Im not sure they are show openers and it didnt really feel to me that the crowd were really engaged until Beautiful day.

My only other criticism of the show is the ending, I dont think MOS should be the final song, it all feels a bit flat when it finished but im sure others disagree.

Overall I think the show was a good one (not a great one) and certainly not the worst Ive seen them by any stretch of the imagination.

I've had this on the tip of my tongue and I agree with you. I don't think MOS should be the final song, it's too slow and it kinda leaves me alittle sad feeling. Just an itty-bit. I think the first song, BREATHE should have been the LAST song or something more positive and up. I like the albumversion of I'll Go CRAZY for the last song or my new favorite, Stand Up Comedy.