Dear U2, You may have some of my Eco-Footprint

d_d_g

In response to the articles and such about all those big trucks of U2 in order to build the stage...

I think it's okay that they are putting on a big-ass rock-n-roll show.

So as a person whose life has long been enriched by their music, I've decided to give them some of my eco footprint.

I'll park my car for the month of September.

Probably but a fraction of what those mega trucks use...but maybe others can do the same.

I've always had an exceptionally dainty little carbon footprint. I don't even own a car, never have, for example. Eat lots of locally-grown (andoften organic) food, re-use my water bottle (until it gets really grotty), recycle and compost, line-dry my laundry...the works.

U2 are welcome to have some of my carbon allotment--or whatever it is that gets capped and traded, etc.--but they're gonna have to come and play in SanFrancisco before they can get it. devil.gif

-- eaplatt

Well I dont even own a car

I've always used public transportation or my feet, you'd be amazed where they can take you!

My parents were gonna give me one at 17 but it's such an unnecessary complication

and everyone calls me a werido for thinking that way!

I drive a car. I will always drive a car. Its slightly better than some big truck or SUV or van. U2 can leave carbon footprints all they want, they aren'tthe only band hauling equipment around, or the only people travelling.

This has got to be the stupidest thing people worry about.

Oh no wait, that was swine flu. This is second stupidest.

I drive a car. I will always drive a car. Its slightly better than some big truck or SUV or van. U2 can leave carbon footprints all they want, they aren'tthe only band hauling equipment around, or the only people travelling.