Sound - Question?

afulan@u2.com

• Subscriber

if you have standing tickets and are worried, coming from a musician, find where joe's sound booth is and stand near there. that way you hear what thesound engineer will hear and if it will sound crap from there, obviously joe is having a tough time! but normally you will get the best sound stood near wherejoe is.

if you have seating tickets, well better hope its not a windy day because that will blow the sound around the place.

so hope this sorts out your worries.

• Subscriber

Ragoo wrote:

Depends on the stadium as well. Check out reviews from bands who played at that venue before.

for example, Wembley is doomed. The sound bounces everywhere....

well its a bad pitch for footy, and a bad stadium for bands! why build it! what a waste of money!roll.gif

• Subscriber

Wembley on the 14th sounded terrible. I could hear 3 versions of the audio each one 0.25 seconds apart, the combined result was very distorted. I could seeBono putting in the usual top performance but could not hear it. Several times the music was completely drowned out by a very loud low pitch rumbling sound,Bonos voice was oddly high pitch, Edges rifts were in audible, and the spoken bits between the songs were very difficult to understand.

I am sure it sounded good for others but not for me in block 208. I think problem had something todo with the 4 sets of speakers pointing out from the stage indifferent directions causing significant echos.

• Subscriber

Was in section 121, £150 seats, near back row of the lower tier. Sound was terrible for The Hours, better for Elbow and better again for U2, but far fromperfect. Bono's voice seemed slightly helium-ish at times, like all the lower mid had been removed. He was unintelligible when talking.

During all of The Hours, most of Elbow and during parts of U2, something in the stadium near us was rattling like crazy. I think it might have been the metalpanels underneath the overhang of the middle tier, or thinking about, maybe there was an ad or sign on the face of the middle tier. Whatever it was, veryannoying.

Night wasn't helped by the fact one off the legs of the claw completely obscured Bono and Adam whenever they were in their traditional positions on thestage. Didn't see Bono at all in his laser jacket or any of his antics with the suspended mic for example. We still enjoyed the show loads, but would haveenjoyed it loads more if our seats had been the two to the left or right of where we were as at least we'd have seen the whole band at pretty much alltimes.

Hoping for better at Sheffield and Cardiff.