The opening of Magnificent

wahine

Am I alone here, but everytime I hear that song begin all I can envision is a stable full of magnificent horses and the preparation for a horse race. *wahinereally needs to go riding soon* I just haven't been able to get that outta my head. Usually I relate a lot of U2 music to surfing, secretly I think theyare one of the top surf bands LOL.

• Subscriber

Strange vision! The first time I heard it was when they played it in the BBC roof before the LP came out and unlike all the other songs it struck me straightaway as a potential classic Edge riff driven U2 song. The build up conjured up images of huge stadiums with people going bonkers ... like the way Where TheStreets ... intro teases the crowd, and when after the guitar solo, the riff/chorus comes back in ... well it grabbed me there and then and hasn't let goyet!

wahine wrote:

Am I alone here, but everytime I hear that song begin all I can envision is a stable full of magnificent horses and the preparation for a horse race. *wahine really needs to go riding soon* I just haven't been able to get that outta my head. Usually I relate a lot of U2 music to surfing, secretly I think they are one of the top surf bands LOL.

"Magnificent horses", lol. sorry that just sounded funny. lol

I just wanna party when I hear it, justified til we die, you and I will magnify, oh Bono sing some more for me .... Been to Sheffield, great sound, greatconcert, did not find the crowd that great, expected more from you Northeners, but a lot of you have said it was electrifying at the Don Valley Stadium - maybewas in the wrong part. Ha Ha.