It's a beautiful day as Bono and the boys make it to Andrea Corr´s wedding

By Lisa Marie Berry

Friday August 21 2009

Blushing bride Andrea Corr received an extra special wedding gift when close friend Bono made it to the Church on time.

There had been fears that the U2 frontman would not be able to attend the nuptials of Andrea and Brett Desmond because of work commitments -- but the singer pulled out all the stops to ensure he was there for her big day.

U2 are currently wowing British fans on the UK leg of their 360 tour and a source explained that Bono faced a "very tight window of time" to make it from the wedding in time for his next concert performance. The band were due in Sheffield tonight.

However, Bono was determined to make the celebrations and all members of the band have jetted in for Andrea's big day.

Today is a double celebration for Bono who also celebrates his 20th wedding anniversary with Ali Hewson.

"He's delighted that he is able to make it," said a source close to the band.

And Andrea's brother Jim revealed: "All the members of U2 are coming."

But he added: "I read that Bono might be performing -- it's the first I have heard of it."

And he added the family has no plans to perform.

"I'd say I'll be launching into a couple of pints at the bar.

"We will be taking a day of from work. After all, it is the last girl in the band to get married."

Jim said he could not be happier that his beautiful little sister is marrying one of his best friends Brett Desmond -- who is the son of billionaire Dermot Desmond.

He said: "I've known Brett longer than Andrea. He's a very good friend and is such a lovely guy."

Last night, the wedding party was brought to the Church in three Mercedes.

Andrea beamed for waiting cameras and she and her husband-to-be had a dry run for their big day.

herald.ie

bonsmellyarse wrote:

wow not just one member but the whole band and in the middle of the tour !and on bono and ali's anniversary.

man thats what I call true friends.can you be friends too?

Gotta admit, anyone who's friends with Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam sure is uber-lucky!!!

• Subscriber

Bonohood wrote:

If you are interested in watching a video on the subject:

I´m very happy for Andrea. The Corrs are my second favourite Irish band.

Thanks for the article and the video link. But they cheated Bono and Ali. They've been married longer than 20 years. More like 26 or 27..I think.

U2LAWoman wrote:

Bonohood wrote:

If you are interested in watching a video on the subject:

I´m very happy for Andrea. The Corrs are my second favourite Irish band.

Thanks for the article and the video link. But they cheated Bono and Ali. They've been married longer than 20 years. More like 26 or 27..I think.

You´re right! I hadn´t notice their mistake. I think they got married in 1982...

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Andrea! I really didn't know about the Corr's until Bono did the song with them called When the stars go blue. It's so beautiful I want to have that played at my wedding one day.

I hope Andrea had a great wedding! And that Bono was able to spend time with Ali to celebrate there anniversary!