V Festival 2009

Dan1985

• Subscriber

Hey guys, just arrived back from the V Festival in Stafford. Just wondered if anyone else has been to either Weston or Hylands this year? Who were yourfavourite acts? What did you love, or hate, about the weekend? Just really wanted to get thoughts.

For me, act of the weekend has to be The Killers. I've seen them a few times, and although I've enjoyed it, I've never been totally convinced. Lastnight removed all of my doubts. They delivered a blistering performance that had me hooked all the way through, and Brandon is close to perfecting the art ofworking a crowd. I have a strong suspicion that a move to stadiums isn't that far away.

Keane were a beautiful alternative to Oasis. I tried to enjoy Oasis' set, but despite an amazing back catalogue, they just didn't do anything for me.The small crowd that chose the ever reliable Keane over Oasis were rewarded with an uplifting performance. They were honestly a joy to watch. My only regret isthat I joined them so late into their set.

Honourable mentions go to The Ting Tings, Elbow, The Script, Snow Patrol, The Wombats, Dizzee Rascal and Katy Perry who all put in great live performances.They really helped to make the weekend a brilliant one, many thanks to the weather too.

Finally, I had the misfortune of witnessing Lady GaGa's excuse for a performance. She turned up 10-15 minutes late, gave no apology at all, and stillinsisted on having three costume changes, in what should have been a 50 minute set. I understand that she is very big on style and performance art, but whenyou've pushed your luck already by making people wait, fancy vignette videos and costume changes aren't the best of ideas. All style and no substancefor me.

• Subscriber

Oh, was that the Canadian V Festival that you attended? Sorry, in my excitement I forgot the fact that Virgin sponsored the North American and Australianfestivals. I went to the British equivalent.

Pearl Jam are a pretty damn good headliner, haven't had them at a British festival since Reading and Leeds in 2006, I believe.