Boo to Rescheduled Show in NYC!(Merged)

graysobe

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
You all have to realize that things like this are going to come up from time to time, it is the risk that you take when you purchace anyticket to any show or event. No one in U2's organazation ever encurraged you to travel hundreds or even thousands of miles to attend a show, you do this atyour own risk. As the letter stated, the NFL has the final say so in the matter, and U2 had 2 choices, either to move the date or cancel the show. if you allkeep complaining that is exactly what they will do is just cancel the show all together.

• Subscriber

...please don't leave us here in the rain, guys! This is not about money paid for tix, hotels etc. at least for me, this is about emotions.Your fans flyfrom all over the world just to see you play in NYC. That is REALLY extraordinary. Please start to communicate and explain the situation. I'm sure you careso please let us know. .. I wanna get rid of the bad taste it leaves in my mouth at this moment! I am still soooo sad to miss this fantastic concert! Youwanted to get closer to your fans on this tour. Now you can really proof it...

I have been waiting since the announcement of the date change for a comment from Bono, Edge, Larry, or Adam. The bhoys are hiding behind an officialexplanation full of BS. It took two days to take the claw down in Barcelona, and it still takes two days. Admit it. The Jets three-hour-time change ismeaningless. The bands silence makes Bono's comments during concerts about thanking fans for spending their hard earned on a rock show seem like BS too. I can't believe I feel this way.

My story is like thousands of others. Big fan since War, and my wife and I were seniors in high school when Joshua Tree was released. Two hundred plusdollars for tickets and fees, hotel, and an overnight babysitter for three was how my we decided to celebrate turning forty. We are only driving fromPennsylvania. I feel so sorry for fans with flights. I have been at the store the day every new album was released, and we missed only one tour because theywere in Giants stadium the night of our wedding. It is not about the money for me. It will be difficult to make arrangements to go on Wednesday, and U2 hasnot given me a reason to try.

u2dave110862 wrote:

You all have to realize that things like this are going to come up from time to time, it is the risk that you take when you purchace any ticket to any show or event. No one in U2's organazation ever encurraged you to travel hundreds or even thousands of miles to attend a show, you do this at your own risk. As the letter stated, the NFL has the final say so in the matter, and U2 had 2 choices, either to move the date or cancel the show. if you all keep complaining that is exactly what they will do is just cancel the show all together.

Thats pretty funny, U2 is going to cancel this show because people are complaining !!! Is this the same as parents send their kids to be without ice cream ifthey misbehave ??

You have alot of nerve trying to blamed the dedicated fans for making plans to see the band they love. The U2 fans are getting screwed here, because of badplanning or utter disregard for the fans. Someone screwed up big time here, the band needs to step up to the plate and make good with the thousands of fansthat are being negatively affected by this.

Canceling a show less then a month before it is going to happen for reasons given is a poor way to treat the fans.

Maybe next time U2 comes to town, instead of the U2 fans "risking" their hard earned $$ on a U2 show, they will decide not to risk it.

• Subscriber
I'm not trying to blame anyone, it says no where in my reply about blaming anyone, I am only stating the facts and the fact is thatwhen you decide to attend a show you do so at your own risk, you are the one who decides to make that long trip, the band does not decide this for you. Touringis a business and U2 management made a business decission. They are not going to pay for your change of flight fee's or your hotel reservation it justdoesn't work that way. I am sure that the band will do something at the September 23rd show for the fans. so please stop the "they made a mistake, nowgive me something" attitude. They made the decission to move the date of the show that's it the end, deal with it. I feel bad for thoes who madeflight reservations and planned trips but these things happen from time to time. Why don't you work towards a viable solution? why not contact someone inU2 management and explain the situation nicely and ask if they could possably create a space in the GA area near the front for thoes who were forced to fly inon Thursday for what was the Friday show and could not afford the flight change fee? I am sure that they would be more than willing to do something like that.but complaining to the NFL, Congressmen, the City of New York and Giants stadium isn't going to get it done.

• Subscriber

u2dave110862 wrote:

I'm not trying to blame anyone, it says no where in my reply about blaming anyone, I am only stating the facts and the fact is that when you decide to attend a show you do so at your own risk, you are the one who decides to make that long trip, the band does not decide this for you. Touring is a business and U2 management made a business decission. They are not going to pay for your change of flight fee's or your hotel reservation it just doesn't work that way. I am sure that the band will do something at the September 23rd show for the fans. so please stop the "they made a mistake, now give me something" attitude.

Especially since technically it should just be folks in NY going.

• Subscriber

Grande 3 16 wrote:

u2dave110862 wrote:

I'm not trying to blame anyone, it says no where

in my reply about blaming anyone, I am only stating the facts and the

fact is that

when you decide to attend a show you do so at your own risk, you are

the one who decides to make that long trip, the band does not decide

this for you. Touring

is a business and U2 management made a business decission. They are not

going to pay for your change of flight fee's or your hotel reservation

it just

doesn't work that way. I am sure that the band will do something at the

September 23rd show for the fans. so please stop the "they made a

mistake, now

give me something" attitude.

Especially since technically it should just be folks in NY going.

What does "just folks in NY going" mean?? That we aren't ALLOWED to travel out of our home area for shows? If that happened none of the showswould sell out...the shows in Europe were heavily attended by folks from all over the world..esp. North America!!!

So what, you have to show proof of local residency to buy tickets now??

Part of the thrill of seeing concerts (at least for me and a few others I know) is the travel to other countries/states.....not everyone can I know. If someonechooses to travel they understand the risk......I hope.....locals shouldn't be whining at all over this...