More European shows planned in 2010?

apocalyptic_queen

Having seen U2 perform the last date of their European tour in Cardiff last weekend, I have heard reports that they could be returning to the UK next year orat least within the next two years.

I have heard nothing about this on their website, only that they may embark on a tour of Australasia in March 2010 or later.

However, it was reported on the news section of the Billboard website that the tour in Europe will commence in July and August, following on to America inSeptember and October with more dates planned in America in June and July of next year then August and September in Europe 2010 with the band finishing up inSouth America by the end of 2010.

Does anyone else have any information about this?? smile.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Lots of rumours, no official announcements but there have been some encouraging sounding comments from some of the crew. I think we are all expecting thatafter the US leg they will try to get the new album finished, possibly before Christmas (there are varying reports on how close they are to completion, and Isuppose there is always a risk that what they thought was virtually complete will all get junked when they go back to it after the tour) and then the tour willprobably roll on to promote the new album.

To be honest I can't see them spending this much on the staging and not trying to get maximum use out of it. Also, the current tour has a kind ofcompressed feel about it, I guess with NLOTH being a March release they struggled to get a full tour fitted in over the summer/autumn period, they are a bitlimited by the seasons as they are playing stadiums and the time taken to load in and out and hence the relatively small number of cities that they have playedso far. So I'm guessing they will feel there is still demand out there to extend into 2010.

But perhaps they are waiting to see how they feel after the current run, gauge audience and critical reaction and see how they feel about being away from homeand families. And I think we also need to remember we're not talking about teenagers or 20/30 somethings anymore. I'm younger than any of the band andafter a couple of successive shows in the pit I was feeling pretty knackered. Mind you, they probably didn't have to contend with the shitty trafficleaving Sheffield and Cardiff!

• Subscriber

check out www.atu2.com they have all the best juicey gossip from given to fans by Tour Crew and also they run all the media feeds about U2 which fetaure alotof rumour control, Europe was mentioned a few weeks ago with Spain and Italy in the frame - dunno if it's true or not though :0)

• Subscriber

Lat June Paul McGuinnes told the Spanish media that U2 hoped to play again in Spain in 2010, he also added that it would take place at the end of summer orbeginning of autoumn. He said the same to me when I met him in Dublin, he said U2 were to play two cities in Spain next year.