More European shows planned in 2010?

apocalyptic_queen

Remember when U2 kicked off NLOTH on the BBC on the last Friday in February 2009...

On the Chris Evans show on BBC Radio 2 from 1700-1900, Edge said that, firstly U2 have recorded a load more songs that they wish to release as a follow-upalbum to NLOTH, that could be out by the end of 2009! Secondly, he intimated with no denial from his band-mates that they'll tour Europe in 2010. The onlycaveat I spotted was, again from Edge, '...You'll just have to watch this space...'

Take that as you will, but I'm looking forward to another album and tour for 2010.

With Regards

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

PLO73 wrote:

ally33 wrote:

If they come back to the uk & they play a venue they haven't played on the first leg, where could it be?

My front room in Bristol. All Welcome.

cheers

Will we all fit in ?! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure they didn't play Manchester on the European leg of their tour this time round? So, my guess is they'dprobably play a set at the City of Manchester Stadium as they did back in 2005.

It would be awesome to see them again in the UK next year. If they do tour again next year, I can't see them not playing certain venues which they havealready performed at, such as Croke Park, Dublin and possibly Wembley.

I would love to see them play Millennium Stadium in Cardiff again too but I guess it also depends on the demand but seeing as some European venues sold outwithin an hour, this time round, I guess the demand could be just as high and there will also be those fans eager to see them after possibly having missed outon getting tickets this year.

• Subscriber

PLO73 wrote:

Remember when U2 kicked off NLOTH on the BBC on the last Friday in February 2009...

On the Chris Evans show on BBC Radio 2 from 1700-1900, Edge said that, firstly U2 have recorded a load more songs that they wish to release as a follow-up album to NLOTH, that could be out by the end of 2009! Secondly, he intimated with no denial from his band-mates that they'll tour Europe in 2010. The only caveat I spotted was, again from Edge, '...You'll just have to watch this space...'

Take that as you will, but I'm looking forward to another album and tour for 2010. I'm a happy bunny we are getting another album next year, but if i got the chance to see the boys again i think i would burst!

With Regards

ally33 wrote:

PLO73 wrote:

ally33 wrote:

If they come back to the uk & they play a venue they haven't played on the first leg, where could it be?

My front room in Bristol. All Welcome.

cheers

Will we all fit in ?!
:)Well, Larry and drums by Back window, Adam in the Kitchen, Edge by the Fireplace, & Bono anywhere he wants to be. Yeah we can a few on thesofa. with beers.

• Subscriber

apocalyptic queen wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure they didn't play Manchester on the European leg of their tour this time round? So, my guess is they'd probably play a set at the City of Manchester Stadium as they did back in 2005.

It would be awesome to see them again in the UK next year. If they do tour again next year, I can't see them not playing certain venues which they have already performed at, such as Croke Park, Dublin and possibly Wembley.

I would love to see them play Millennium Stadium in Cardiff again too but I guess it also depends on the demand but seeing as some European venues sold out within an hour, this time round, I guess the demand could be just as high and there will also be those fans eager to see them after possibly having missed out on getting tickets this year.

doubt if they'll play manchester this tour as they've played sheffield instead.

manchester got vertigo and elevation

leeds got popmart and zoo-tv outside

sheffield got zoo-tv inside

leeds got joshua tree

• Subscriber

apocalyptic queen wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure they didn't play Manchester on the European leg of their tour this time round? So, my guess is they'd probably play a set at the City of Manchester Stadium as they did back in 2005.

It would be awesome to see them again in the UK next year. If they do tour again next year, I can't see them not playing certain venues which they have already performed at, such as Croke Park, Dublin and possibly Wembley.

I would love to see them play Millennium Stadium in Cardiff again too but I guess it also depends on the demand but seeing as some European venues sold out within an hour, this time round, I guess the demand could be just as high and there will also be those fans eager to see them after possibly having missed out on getting tickets this year.

City of Manchester football ground won't happen as the owners don't want concerts there anymore, they wouldn't even let Oasis play there. Sheffieldwasn't too big, so i wouldn't grumble if they played there again.I'll be staying in a hotel overnight this time, it wasn't much fun with thehusband taking a wrong turn & driving through werewolf country....