Where were you when,,,,,

illumination70

Princess Diana passed away on August 31st 1997? As for me, I had returned to my apartment/loft in northern, Seattle from a day of shopping at an outlet mallin Aurburn, WA.

I know this will sound "out there", but I got a strange, gut-feeling which told me to go to CNN to watch the news and when I did this the anchormansaid "Oh this just in, Princess Diana and her boyfriend Dodi were in a car accident in Paris, France".

Enough about me, where were you when this situation happened?

• Subscriber

The day before I was at a punk all dayer in Bristol. me and my mates stayed at someones house who didn't have a telly that night and drove home the nextday listening to tapes on the car stereo without stopping (about 3-4 hours!!) as the driver wanted to watch the Liverpool vs Newcastle football match thatafternoon. Upon arrival at his house just two minutes before kick off we all jumped out and a mate who lives nearby came out to see how the gig had gone. Whenwe told him we were in a rush to watch the footy he said it was cancelled 'cos Princess Diana was dead! Of course this sounded bizarre but for that wholeday of travelling in our little punk rock bubble we were probably the only people in the country who didn't know.

• Subscriber

recovering from a hangover in a hostel room in Dublin after the first night of pop mart at lansdowne road.

got up, put the tv on, and started to have a wash.. my ears tuned into the reports on the telly, but it didn't sink in cos of the ale.

wasn't until the news guy said something like... "just to recap, Diana, princess of wales, has died in Paris due to a car accident".

i thought then, like i still do now... "THEY finally managed to kill her"

the ferry back to holyhead later that day was like a ghost ship.

• Subscriber

i was in Dublin, waking up to go line up for the show that night. It was a grey day and no one was lining up....very eery.......and Bono mentioned herthroughout the show.."she's gone........" but when they sang MLK and the picture of her came up on the screen, there weren't many dry eyes inthe house!!! I left looking like a panda bear!