"Moment of Surrender" to end the concert

lisalita

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Wembley show on 14th an Cardiff show on 22nd Aug. I am also more of a fan of the new album, No Line on the Horizon, than many seem to be and Ialready liked Moment of Surrender before hearing it live. I think it's totally logical that the guys would want to finish the show with a song from the newalbum (top and tailing if you will). I also really like the song for its own sake, particularly its spiritual subtext (in the same vein as Yahweh and 40) I've seen others bemoaning the lower energy of this as a final song - but it's quite a traditional way to shape a show - not ending on the big up-temponumber, but rounding things off and mellowing out a bit with a gentler one.

Kristaps wrote:

Yet, I must admit that I would have liked them to finish with "White as Snow" or "Cedars"....

Good point - hadn't thought about those as alternatives (White as Snow is very 'in your face' Christian though, isn't it ? (and Iwrite that as a christian) - maybe they thought more oblique spiritual one better?) Cedars is semi-spoken and although I quite like it, I think MofS worksbetter as an end-of-show number

• Subscriber

It is a brilliant end to the show, not quite as good as Love is Blindness was at the end of ZOOTV but brilliant all the same. Love the way you get built upinto a frenzy then slowly brought back down again at the end with an Edge solo to boot !

C'mon guys, I know that we all love U2...but we are not sheep, are we? I saw them in Dublin and it was the only time that the crowd sat down...no one knewthe song, it's an Ok song, at best. Ok, so 40 may be over played (although I still love it as the last song) but go with a classic that everyone is goingto enjoy, to close the show. Make a new song the next to last song, ok, but the last song has to send people out wishing for more.

And who says that the ending has to be a slow song? The Stones always ended their shows with satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash (the times that I've seenthem)...

Otherwise a great show.

• Subscriber

mdaredevil wrote:

C'mon guys, I know that we all love U2...but we are not sheep, are we? I saw them in Dublin and it was the only time that the crowd sat down...no one knew the song, it's an Ok song, at best. Ok, so 40 may be over played (although I still love it as the last song) but go with a classic that everyone is going to enjoy, to close the show. Make a new song the next to last song, ok, but the last song has to send people out wishing for more.

And who says that the ending has to be a slow song? The Stones always ended their shows with satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash (the times that I've seen them)...

Otherwise a great show.

!

Why come on guys and no I am not a sheep ? Everyone has an opinion,I happen to have loved the song live and thought it was a fab way to end afantastic show, left me wanting more !