Another "where were you" thread.

illumination70

• Subscriber

My friend and I had just returned from taking our babies (then aged 6 months) swimming. We sat speechless & shocked and just hugged our sons as we watchedthe footage on the news. It was very emotional and, as new parents, put the fragility of life into perspective.

• Subscriber

I had just gotten home from dropping my daughter off at her 1st day of kindergarten in upstate NY. I remember how beautiful the weather was that day. Crystalclear blue....you could pierce the moon with that sky. Usually my wife and I didn't put the TV on in the morning, but for some reason we did that morning.We had on Regis Philbin. Then a special report came on about a plane hitting the tower. They thought at 1st it was a small plane, an accident...because at 1stglance , as big as those mothers were, it didn't look like a jumbo jet hit it. But then they started getting close-ups, and the smoke and flames reallystarted pouring out...and it was becoming evident, with eyewitness accounts coming in, that this had been a commercial jet liner. That's when the chillsstarting setting in.

Then the second plane hit a while later. We couldn't stop watching, of course. And then...the fuc*king unthinkable happened. One of the towers came down ina huge heap. It was absolutely surreal. I watched those things go up over several years...and to think that one of them could collapse like that was justunimaginable. The 1st thing I thought...Jesus, there had to be a shitload of firemen in that building at that point. It was just Fuc*king TERRIBLE. 15 minuteslater the second one came down. Numbness. My mom called right after that...she lives on long island...she was crying........so scared.

My best friend's father had a brother and father who worked in one of the towers, and i wasn't sure if they still did...turns out they didn't anymore. My nephew's wife lost her cousin, a NYC firefighter.

That day is something that should never be forgotten.