VIP experience?

larrysLeo

The more I read Iam starting to get nervous that I wasted my money. I did hear that each V.I.P. gets 3 drink tickets, for hard drinks/Beer/wine. Soft drinks are "all you want". The food is not too bad. The "gift" is a bag of somesort that has the 360 logo on it. And any backstage tour you were kept plenty distance away from the band. Iam hoping if enough people complain that by the time they come out west they make changes. As of now it doesnt look worth the extra $500+ for the "experance"

• Subscriber
The more I read Iam starting to get nervous that I wasted my money. I did hear that each V.I.P. gets 3 drink tickets, for hard drinks/Beer/wine. Soft drinks are "all you want". The food is not too bad. The "gift" is a bag of somesort that has the 360 logo on it. And any backstage tour you were kept plenty distance away from the band. Iam hoping if enough people complain that by the time they come out west they make changes. As of now it doesnt look worth the extra $500+ for the "experance"
Considering U2's comments on how they were robbed last tour by "fans", it makes sense that they keep them away :D

And anyway, it never said you'd be anyway close to the band. It just mentioned a backstage tour. Which you get.

• Subscriber

Thanks for sharing, everyone!

I guess I figured the gift would be some sort of bag- that seems to be the "thing" these days. Would be nice to see, if anyone feels like snapping a photo.

Greg- there were VIP tickets available at presale along with all the other tiers of seating. These just come with a parking pass, dinner, booze, a piece of merchandise, and a CHANCE to tour backstage. Sounds like we may be in for an expensive dinner and souvenier?

• Subscriber

Sorry to be the party pooper but tried the Live Nation VIP experience -not impressed. Glad we tried it, there were positives - no queues to get in, reception & food ok,nice toilets! Met some brill U2 fans who were great fun to sing & jumparound with & that really made our night.  Negatives - no backstage access on this package, unhelpfulstaff,  Live Nation staff nowhereto be found easily,  the queues forthe U2 gift bag were huge and the gift bag itself was well...hmmm...what can I saywithout being rude. The 'free exclusive U2 laminate' was just the VIP areaaccess card you hung around your neck, whoop! The seats in the stadium weren'tbad but were round the back/side, good side profiles but thought we'd have a better view for the price.  VIP experience didn't feel likeanything special,  overall it wasok but really not worth the money, paid over £900 for 2 tickets for something that was probably worth abouthalf that.  RED zone looked bettervalue for money. eyes.gif