Baja's gone MOFO crazy......

Bajagirl

• Subscriber

Baja - I can't put you up, and I live pretty far from the stadium anyway (I live near JFK, the other side of the fing world from Giants) but if you PM me with your arrival details I can at least explain how to get to the show. I'm sure someone will give you a place to crash, though.

Forecast for tom'w: Rainshowers in the morning, scattered thundershowers in the afternoon. 40% chance of rain. I think Thurs is similar.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

No worries, tickets settled, accommodations at least for the first days are settled (floor here i come), beer buying settled, directions from jfk to venue have been emailed to me, oh lord i cannot believe i am actually doing this!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Subscriber

Acutally, if you're landing at JFK on a show day.....from JFK:

Take the Airtrain monorail from your terminal to Jamaica Station. At Jamaica Station, there will be a bunch of subways all the way downstairs - you DON'T want those. The easiest thing to do is to take the Long Island Railroad, which is slightly above street level - to Penn Station (which is directly below MSG). You might be able to get an express train into Manhattan, or you might make anywhere from 1 to about 3 stops.  Penn Station NYC will be the last stop.  Maybe I'll check the train schedule.....

Buy your ticket from one of the kiosks - I think there are 2 on the upstairs platform (convenient) and another 1 or 2 downstairs in the official ticket office (which is kinda out of the way), if you buy it on the train they'll charge extra.  You can use cash, debit or credit.  You'll be going from Jamaica Station to Penn Station, at 5pm, it will be off peak.

Once you get to Penn Station, leave the Long Island Railroad area and find the New Jersey Transit area (too hard to explain, I'm sure someone will help you find it - they're connected, in different parts of the same complex. NJT is also near Amtrak - don't get on an Amtrak train by mistake!)

From the flyer I picked up on the way home:

Customers traveling to the Meadowlands for ... concerts ... will board trains at Penn Station New York (PSNY) and transfer at Secaucus to waiting shuttle buses to the Meadowlands. Regular $10 roundtrip tickets will be sold at all PSNY ticket windows and ticket vending machines. For major events, dedicated ticket windows will be available at PSNY for your convenience.

Cash, debit and credit cards accepted. Tickets are valid for rail transportation between PSNY and Secaucus AND for bus transportation between Secaucus and the Meadowands Sports Complex. (Buy your ticket before boarding the train. Tickets purchased onboard are subject to a $5 surcharge.)

Check the departure monitors for NJ TRANSIT trains with "SEC" shown next to the train number. Only trains labeled "SEC" will stop at Secaucus; do not board a train that does not indicate "SEC." Secaucus Junction will be the first stop (about 7-10 minutes after departing New York.)

At Secaucus, exit the train, go upstairs and follow signs to the bus loading area. Use your train ticket to pass through the fare gates.

Take the shuttle bus to the Meadowlands. As you board the bus, present your ticket to the bus operator. The trip will take about 15 minutes.

After the event:

Buses to return to Secaucus Junction will operate up to 30 mins after the conclusion of the event. At Secaucus Junction, check departure screens for the next New York train. (To view train schedules in advance, visit www.njtransit.com)

I hope you're not checking baggage, because getting to the stadium on time is gonna be tight. JFK is not exactly close to Giants Stadium.

PM me if you need more info. As I said, I live near JFK and could do the JFK to LIRR to Penn Sta thing almost blindfolded.

• Subscriber

Oh, and if you're getting in earlier and want to get to the GA line EARLY, the above plan will not work. The train/shuttle bus thing is only operating close to showtime.

For early GA, go to the Port Authority Bus Terminal on 8th Ave and 42nd St. and take the 164 bus.

Or take a train to Secaucus and hope you can get a cab at the station. I suppose if you Google, you'll be able to find a Secaucus cab company - haven't tried that yet.

• Subscriber

Good advice Franna but just wanted to add that you can actually buy a ticket from the Long Island Railroad to the Meadowlands, something new I think. The ticket is good to Penn Station on the LIRR then also good on the NJ Transit to Seacacus and then the shuttle to the Meadowlands (all inclusive). You can buy the ticket at the Jamaica LIRR station. You may be able to use the ticket machine on the floor that you arrive on from the JFK AirTrain but if not, go down ONE level (there are elevators) to the LIRR waiting room and ticket office and buy it there. 

Good luck Baja and I hope you enjoy the show! Are you also going to come back on October 4th for Gavin's show at Carnegie Hall? I got tickets but have no idea what to expect. :)

• Subscriber

Really? An all inclusive ticket? That's cool!

LIRR schedule - westbound from Jamaica to NYC

5:02 express, arrives 5:23

5:11 express, arrives 5:35

5:15 5:20 5:22 5:27 5:38

5:32 express, arrives 5:53

5:46 express, arrives 6:05

5:49 one stop at Woodside 5:58, arrives NYC 6:08

5:56 ... the local....stops at: 6:01 6:03 6:10, arrives NYC 6:20

6:10 one stop at Woodside 6:22, arrives NYC 6:33

6:26 ... a few stops ...6:30 6:32, arrives NYC 6:47

6:32 one stop at Woodside, 6:41 arrives NYC 6:51

6:42...another local... 6:46 6:48 6:54, arrives NYC 7:04

I'd think you'd be on one of those.....

• Subscriber

I'm so excited for you Baja! You're a real adventurer...but I've always known that about you! :)

I'm glad that you got everything sorted out and I just know that you're going to have an amazing time! I shall be there for both shows....gettin' really pumped...but I have to try and get some sleep since it's 3am...

I hope to see you there, amongst the 80,000! Have fun...after everything that you go through here at the Zoo you really deserve it!

Peace out

dream...