What is the deal with GA tickets? How do you get into the inner circle?

Hey fans! Just wondering about the GA situation for this tour. On the last tour there were pre-selected tickets that were allowed into the inner circle.  Once your ticket was "approved" you were given a stamp.  On this tour is this the same procedure or is it first come, first served?  I have GA tickets for the LA show and trying to come up with a game plan.  Any advice would be appreciated!  THANK U!  I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS SHOW!  It looks AMAZING!!!!happy.gif
  • Subscriber

i think DC the parking lots open at 3pm right? If so, that is just like Gillette. I got in line at 4:00pm almost on the dot. Waited in line for an hour and 45 minutes (shorter than a disney ride) and get center/left. Mind you, i picked where i wanted to be to give you an idea. Yes, this was inner circle. Seems to be a trend with the later opening lots that people are getting right in without an issue. Also, when i got in, there were just as many people waiting outside the circle as in so keep in mind that some people, while early in line, dont want to be in the circle.

Is this true for all events? I'm going to the show in Raleigh, NC and am really short and would love to be able to see the actual show instead of looking at backs the whole time:) lol... Do you know if all the shows on this tour are the same way? Because if so.... I'll get there wicked early:)

• Subscriber

DC - I heard some people were in line 8PM the night before.  GA parking opened at 8AM, and by 8 there were 100 in line.  By 2PM there was maybe 300.  But first two or three rows inner circle it all ends up random.  People who got to the stadium at 4PM, 5PM were next to people who arrive at 8AM. The stadium tried to keep some order, but when the gates open, it does end up being a bit of a free-for-all.  I'm only 5'2, but the stage is tall. If you are inside with the first wave of GAers, you should be OK, the inner circle continued to fill from 5:15 when we were allowed in, and continued to fill up crowded until/and after Muse took the stage at 7:30.

Hope this helps.

• Subscriber

I arrived at the DC concert at 7 p.m. and, to my utter astonishment, got into the inner circle on the left side (in front of The Edge), just three people back from the rail. An unbelievable spot. I had hoped to arrive around the time the parking lots opened at noon, but ended up not being able to due to unforeseen events that came up. When we got there, there were thousands of people on the field, behind the ring. I figured I would be relegated to somewhere around mid-field. Still, since I had planned to get there early, I had read on this board and others where the inner circle entrance was, and had heard that people at Gilette got in as late as 6 p.m., so I thought I'd ask, never dreaming I would get in. Most people around me (except probably the people right on the rail) got in when I did -- seems Adam's side filled up earlier--maybe because it was closer to the GA entrance? I would suggest trying for Edge's side, because it seemed to me the band members walked out on that catwalk much more than they did on Adam's side (of course that may vary from show to show). The boy that Bono pulled up on stage was just about 5 feet to the left of us, so that tells you how close to the catwalk we were (it moved from our left over our heads to our right, so we always had a great view of band members walking across).

I wouldn't count on getting in at other concerts as late as I did, but it never hurts to ask! And, as I said, a lot of people entered the inner circle after I did...

Most people around me (except probably the people right on the rail) got in when I did -- seems Adam's side filled up earlier--maybe because it was closer to the GA entrance? I would suggest trying for Edge's side, because it seemed to me the band members walked out on that catwalk much more than they did on Adam's side (of course that may vary from show to show).
I think it does vary show to show- Edge's side of catwalk was the place to be at the show I attended.
  • Subscriber

Standard field ticket at the DC show -- just lucky!  Went to the Raleigh show last night with college friends and our kids -- had high up $30 seats behind the stage.  Wonderful, again!  They seemed to spend a bit more time on Adam's side than they did at the DC concert -- the best part is, they played the acoustic Stuck in a Moment and Sunday Bloody Sunday -- the entire songs -- to those of us at the back!