Parking at FedEx in DC not open until 3pm????!!!!!

• Subscriber

I emailed Fed Ex Field about parking etc and this is what they sent me:

Parking IS included in the price of each ticket. The parking lots are

onsite here at FedEx Field and you will be allowed to park in the

closest spot available when you arrive.

Parking lots will open at 3:00pm, gates will open at 5:30 pm and the

concert starts at 7:00 pm.

WTF?  3pm???!!! 

Baja, BigWave, anyone can we get confirmation on when we can park on grounds and start lining up for the 9/29 show??

You think Fed Ex is bad, the times for the Charlottesville event is even worse.  Lots don't open until 5:00pm, but stadium gates ALSO open at 5:00pm.  So basically it sounds like they don't want people parking and lining up until they open the gates.

• Subscriber
gillette was the exact same thing. Worked out great!

So what time did you get there and park?  I am assuming they let people on when they get there.  I'm planing on getting there by 7am at the latsest

So, let me ask this... Is there NO WAY that one could park in the "nearby" strip malls OR the VERY close by Community rec center and walk over there? I took the entire day off of work to spend the morning waiting for sound check. If that is what one wants to do, does anyone know FED EX field enough to know where to stand and wait?

• Subscriber

Today on the phone, Fed Ex Field confirmed that parking will open at 3 pm. I asked on the phone about an email I received from ticket master stating that the parking lots would open at noon. The women on the phone said they didn't know about the email and the parking opening time was 3 pm for sure.

As far as the time they will allow the GA line to form, this was decided in a meeting today and she said it is 8 am --- on Tuesday smile.gif at Gate E. They have no suggestions for where people planning to line up at this official start time should park.

Somehow this whole deal never seems to go the way anyone official at the venue says it will. But this was the information from the phone today. Hope this helps anyone wanting to know. There are always so many "what ifs" in planning a U2/GA experience but no matter what it always turns out to be the most amazing time of your life.

Enjoy Everyone!!!!!!!!!!! There is only ONE U2!

• Subscriber
I have "Fan Club" tickets. Does this get me into the inner circle if I arrive early enough?

How early is early enough?

Should I bring lawn chairs and sun screen? Can I bring lawn chairs in the stadium?

So excited for my first U2 concert!

There are no special lines for u2.com members like last year.  it is first come first serve......so I suggest getting there early..that is what I am doing but I have no idea where I am going to park since there are conflicting messages on when the parking lot will open.........maybe they actually do open at noon...but fed ex is telling people 3 so they hope to not have a bunch of people arrive at once.?  Whay can they not make it easier for us?