I asked Adam about BAD Tonight

• Subscriber

((((Mary)))) I haven't seen you in forever!!

Glad you got to meet them last night :-))))

I would quite happily hear BAD at every show... not only do I love it, but I have yet to hear Bono get the lyrics right to the '7 ations'

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
((((Mary)))) I haven't seen you in forever!!

I would quite happily hear BAD at every show... not only do I love it, but I have yet to hear Bono get the lyrics right to the '7 ations'

Hey (((((((MrsFish)))))))))))) I said hello to you in one of the Giants Stadium Show threads but I guess you missed it.   Hope you, the lanky one and family are doing well. 

I actually like when Bono messes up lyrics... makes the show more interesting. :) OK, I better try to get some sleep.  Night!

• Subscriber

[quote name='MaryfrmNY wrote:

MrsFish']((((Mary)))) I haven't seen you in forever!!

Hey (((((((MrsFish)))))))))))) I said hello to you in one of the Giants Stadium Show threads but I guess you missed it.   Hope you, the lanky one and family are doing well. 

I actually like when Bono messes up lyrics... makes the show more interesting. :) OK, I better try to get some sleep.  Night!

We're all really good!!  Minime is excited he might get to a show next year... The lanky one has just got a promotion... and I have an interview on Thursday for promotion (which I am SUPPOSED to be studying for now but am doing anything other than!), so life is good for The Fishes

It just wouldn't be a show unless Bono screwed up... COBL seems to be his song of choice of late!!!

Sleep well... I'm sure you're dreams will be the sweetest after last night!!

• Subscriber

I heard Bad twice this tour (attended 4 shows) so I'm not complaining :) I think it's so intense that it needs a certain atmosphere though if that makes any sense... But outdated no!

• Subscriber

I'm lucky enough to have got it 4 times out of the 7 shows I've seen this tour, with each one utterly special in it's own way (in Cardiff the crowd had to sing most of it, Bono was left really emotional after MLK and still nursing a bit of a headache from hell lol).

It's seriously not outdated, it has no means of becoming 'old' sounding, timeless! And it cannot be overplayed, because it simply cannot be played badly! And maybe that's why they keep it back on occasion, Bono has to be feeling it, he has to want that particular mood portrayed... The London 2 setlist has Bad written in brackets, leaving the choice up to Bono... Maybe it's like that on more setlists than we know of, but he's just not felt it that night. Who knows? But maybe the chance of seeing it is what makes it most magical :D

And congrats on meeting the band, little bit of a shame that some pushy fans sent Bono back into his car though!

• Subscriber

Outdated? I don't get it. Its a great song! I went to the 2nd Giants Stadium show. In describing it the next day to a friend who is also a U2 fan, I told him they did NOT play Bad, Pride, I Will Follow, New Years Day, 40. "Wow! Did the show suck?" was the reaction. I'm not saying they should play all of these but... Bad, Pride? How can you not???? When I told a friend who went with me to the show that they would not be playing Pride, he thought I was joking. "That's like Blly Joel not playing 'Piano Man'," he said.

I don't understand why U2 continues to have opening acts. Why not drop the opening act and play for 3-3 1/2 hours? If Bruce can do it...

• Subscriber

I went on a dinner cruise around Manhattan tonight and early on the DJ on the boat played two U2 songs so I figured he must be on a U2 high, so I went over and asked him if he'd been to see U2 at Giant's Stadium last week.  He said he'd been there Wednesday and we both agreed it was a great show. Then I told him I met the band after SNL last night and told him that I asked Adam why they hadn't been playing Bad lately.  The DJs face lit up and he said... "You want to hear it now???  I'll play it for you!" Of course I said yes so I got to sail along the East River listening to my favorite song... it was lovely.  I even clapped when it was finished. :)