opening bands

jbarksalot

I was at the Dublin show and was very impressed by The Script!! Now the bad news i have tickets for Vancouver and have to stomache The Black eyed Peas so I can get a great spot in the GA section. Is it wrong to hope the Peas have to cancel the show? They cant sing in the least bit live. Is it to late to find a new opening band? Does anyone else feel the same way? Who have you seen as the opening band and how were they live?

• Subscriber

Pray you don't get MUSE, they were horrible both night in NY. No stage presense and they sounded horrible. With BEP at least you know what you are getting... nothing exceptionable, but straight forward high energy and simple music..

SP rocked Boston both nights...too bad they couldn't do all of NA.

sH

When I saw The Black Eyed Peas for later in the tour, I was happy to live in Virginia! We get Muse as an opener. I had the opposite fear of your hope, that Muse would cancel and they'd fill in with The Black Eyed Peas! What kind of opener for U2 are they?
  I'm glad we got Muse also, they are awesome live, seen them a couple of times.  They are used to performing in large places on their own like Madison Square Garden or Wembley Stadium, but are of course honored to be opening for U2 here for some shows in the states. happy.gif

I have to disagree with SH22.  Muse were excellent both nights in New York.  Their lead singer is one of the best I have ever heard live.  The only singer I would place above him that I have seen is Paul McCartney.  They may not be everybody's cup of tea, but just because you may not like their type of music doesn't mean they are horrible.  This is a band that has won several awards for best live act in Europe.  It would be interesting to see what some other people who were there have to say about them.

• Subscriber

Initially I was disappointed that Toronto had Snow Patrol instead of the Peas -- I only knew one SP song, but a few Peas songs. So I listened to all of the SP CDs before going to the show, and loved them! Especially their newest CD, it's fantastic. I felt bad that the stadium was so empty for their opener, they deserved a better crowd, but they rocked it anyhow. I knew all the songs they played, opened with the wonderful "If There's a Rocket Tie Me to It"