Thank you so much, Edge

Stargazing

So I wanted to publicly, humbly and graciously thank Edge for being kind enough to come out after the SNL gig and hang with the fans and sign stuff. I personally got in line at 4:30 am to have a chance and a standby ticket to get into the show and see the band. Well, my ticket was number 64 and the last person to get in was lucky number 63. Yeah, it sucked and I felt like the last boat off the Titanic had left. But thankfully, like all of my u2 stories, this one has a great happy ending. I was about to weep and tear up the ticket when I wandered outside NBC studios and found some great Italian fans and others who were all waiting for chance to catch the band after the show.

When the Edge came out and signed stuff for people, I shouted out my story in typical New Yorker fashion, we are all sorta bold and I asked him to make my ticket a happy memory and indeed he did. This is something I will treasure for a lifetime and so thank you Edge. I cannot imagine a more graceful, cool, personable guy. You are more than just the best, most inventive guitarist since Hendrix, you are pure class. I just cant express enough how much that little scribble in marker means. It will also drive my brother crazy every time he sees it, since he took me to see my first U2 show at Live Aid when I was just 10 and started my lifelong passion for U2, so thats a huge bonus too.

I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the tour and hope theres another Slane Castle gig!

That's a wonderful story. The fact that U2 are not arrogant or unapproachable with the fans is one of the things I like best about them. I especially liked the bit about your brother, it was my older brother who introduced me to U2 when he refused to stop playing the Joshua Tree at full volume when it first came out. He never took me to Live Aid though!! frown.gif 

I actually took a tour of the NBC studios this summer in NY and I had the privilege to see SNL's studio (8-H). I was amazed to have been there b/c U2 has performed countless times and I'm also a huge SNL fan from way back in the days of Gilda Radner and John Belushi, etc. And I'm only 26 yrs old. I've been a fan at least 15 years. Anyways, I couldn't get over how small the studio is. I'm so sorry to hear the person in front of you was the last taken in. It surely would have broke my heart. The studio only holds like 55-60-ish people. I heard it's incredibly hard to get SNL tix and people start lining up on thursday night. Wow. I'm so happy to hear you got to meet the Edge!! I met him a few years back and our stories are similar. Just a sweet guy signing stuff for people. I think the band knew there had been a lot of people turned away so they tried making it up to you. It shows that we are fans of the coolest rock n' roll band on the face of the earth. I've heard some bands that aren't as big as these guys, will not come out and sign or anything. I'm just happy to hear your story had a happy ending. :)