U2 Mix It Up

bigwave

• Subscriber
Larry's JUNGLE Remix of CRAZY

aka...live version ;)

OK People, for all those who what a GOOD live copy of 'CRAZY' the 09/23 show from NY/NJ (track 17) is actaully a very nice copy recorded from the audience....i was there in person and the although the 84.000 fans weren't exactly 'going crazy' the band was and it can be heard, especially larry and his 'drums'..... as a bonus when you download the mp3 you'll get the tribute to Bruce's 60th birthday.

you can find the concert as a torrent.... or on u2 start dot com.

cheers

sH

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jake99 wrote:

zoothousand.one wrote:

Jake99']Redanka mixes

All Because of You (Redanka Indian Summer Vocal Mix)

All Because of You (Killahurtz Fly Mix) 6:54 version

Miracle Drug (Redanka Miracle Dub)

Miracle Drug (Redanka Zootopian Vocal Remix)

Oakenfold

Daddy's Gonna Pay Perfecto mix

With Or Without You

I'd love to hear a remix on Ultra Violet, Breathe, and a great sounding version of Crazy live remix (should of been a b-side to the single)

I never heard of the Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car Perfecto Mix, but it always seemed to me like a song that could be remixed well. Same for Ultraviolet and Breathe. And I'm really surprised there hasn't been a club version of No Line On the Horizon yet -- it's really begging for it.

I remember in 2003 there were plans for a single of The Hands That Built America allegedly backed by a new remix of The Playboy Mansion, but the single was scrapped when the song didn't win the oscar. I'd love for that remix to surface.

Other ones I've wished someone would remix: Miami, Gone, Bullet the Blue Sky, Your Blue Room, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Window In the Skies.

As for ones currently released elsewhere, In a Little While (Nightmares On Wax Remix) is definitely one of the best and deserves an official U2 release.

Mysterious Ways  Perfecto mix is my favorite of all. I do have DGPFYCC Perfecto, but it was only shared in low bitrates.

Massive Attack did a remix of HMTMKMKM but it was done with parts of the song looped over and over.

Jacknife Lee's remix of WITS is aweful! There is a very cool remix of Gone that was done by DJ Crayon..

IALW Nightmare mix is very good, kinda along the lines of So Cruel (Chico's Groove Remix).

In God's Country Devil In The Dust Remix is awesome in my book.

Like to hear a good remix of Electrical Storm. DJ Sandstorm and Ulrick mixes are very good.

If you want to check them out, great boots and all the fruitleg remix cd's  are on Spiral Staircase for downloading; wink.gif

http://u2-thespiralstaircase.blogspot.com/search/label/Remixes

As best I can tell, most of the fruitlegs are uncommissioned fan-work. I know that Redanka's Miracle Drug and ABOY mixes, as well as Jacknife Lee's WITS mix, were commissioned but never released. I don't know about most of the others. I'm skeptical of any mix by an artist who hasn't mixed official U2 releases, or who I haven't heard of. Not to mention some mixes are hack jobs with professional artists' names attached just to get people's attention.

Not to say U2 wouldn't release a good bootleg mix if they heard one. I've heard that was the case with Redanka's Vertigo, Killahurtz's ABOY, Ferry Corsten's New Year's Day, and Brothers In Rhythm's Staring at the Sun, and those are all fantastic. I'm just skeptical is all.

And I, for one, like Window In the Skies (Jacknife Lee Mix). The robo-vocals put me off at first, but when I played it on a different stereo it had the levels right so the regular vocals were prominent and the synth ones came across more like an echo effect. The whole thing grew on me quickly. It certainly took me longer to warm up to the Get On Your Boots (Crookers Mix) and Mofo (Mother's Mix).

• Subscriber

Why are they doing this?

This isn't U2's sound; they are not a pop band. If they want remixes I think it'd be interesting to different versions of songs (for instance acoustic versions) or something like that. But these pop dance remixes frankly are terrible

• Subscriber
Why are they doing this?

This isn't U2's sound; they are not a pop band. If they want remixes I think it'd be interesting to different versions of songs (for instance acoustic versions) or something like that. But these pop dance remixes frankly are terrible

the Lemon remixes are great.  I still dig that one out once in a while and I'm much more apt to put on the original version.  loved loved loved the remixes on lemon.