U2 Mix It Up

• Subscriber

Remix CDs are OK, but I'd prefer rare/unreleased tracks or unreleased live shows too. What would be totally awesome would be if U2 could do something similar to what Pearl Jam did years ago and released their own bootlegs of the tour. Either as a fan club bonus or something you could buy/download from U2.com. I'd totally buy those!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
Remix CDs are OK, but I'd prefer rare/unreleased tracks or unreleased live shows too. What would be totally awesome would be if U2 could do something similar to what Pearl Jam did years ago and released their own bootlegs of the tour. Either as a fan club bonus or something you could buy/download from U2.com. I'd totally buy those!

nice idea maramalade!, id love it if they done a wembley or cardiff cd in a card sleeve like the pj live ones ive seen! and sell it in the shop, id be all over it!

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

marmaladesix']Remix CDs are OK, but I'd prefer rare/unreleased tracks or unreleased live shows too. What would be totally awesome would be if U2 could do something similar to what Pearl Jam did years ago and released their own bootlegs of the tour. Either as a fan club bonus or something you could buy/download from U2.com. I'd totally buy those!

nice idea maramalade!, id love it if they done a wembley or cardiff cd in a card sleeve like the pj live ones ive seen! and sell it in the shop, id be all over it!

every since pearl jam started doing this, and when u2 have toured there is a big call for it, but this is why u2 are different, they will NEVER pander to the fans in this way, they allow shows to be taped and downloaded for free which is what u2 want really.

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

marmaladesix']Remix CDs are OK, but I'd prefer rare/unreleased tracks or unreleased live shows too. What would be totally awesome would be if U2 could do something similar to what Pearl Jam did years ago and released their own bootlegs of the tour. Either as a fan club bonus or something you could buy/download from U2.com. I'd totally buy those!

every since pearl jam started doing this, and when u2 have toured there is a big call for it, but this is why u2 are different, they will NEVER pander to the fans in this way, they allow shows to be taped and downloaded for free which is what u2 want really.

im not totally sure that they like there shows being taped and downloaded for free even if bono says he doesnt mind as long as they arent making money! ...its just the way it is at the moment!?. theres no doubt they'll do a dvd of the show but why not a cd like the ones they've given away in the past? ...good live sound quality is worth paying for. thinking about it im fairly sure will get one at some point ...probably when we need to resub for the next presale codes we need!!!! :@P .

• Subscriber

Good point! I was thinking the same thing, a cd with live performances from current tour would be a great treatment for hardcore fans like the people who are subscribing to u2.com. The band has done a lot of remixes before, that isn't something new or special, on every single from "No Line" album there are remixes, on "The Best of 1990-2000 & b-sides" album there is a cd with many remixes from that period of time. I really don't want to resubscribe with 6 month in advance only for another pre-sale code and an useless cd. Instead I preffer to buy tickets from public sales and wait for the next subscribing offer and maybe they'll give away a cd like U2 Communication with live performances - that was an amazing gift for the lucky-ones who got it!

• Subscriber

utwothefly wrote:

marmaladesix']

I'm very glad to have all the bootlegs for FREE.

• Subscriber

utwothefly wrote:

marmaladesix']

I'm very glad to have all the bootlegs for FREE.

Redanka mixes

All Because of You (Redanka Indian Summer Vocal Mix)

All Because of You (Killahurtz Fly Mix) 6:54 version

Miracle Drug (Redanka Miracle Dub)

Miracle Drug (Redanka Zootopian Vocal Remix)

Oakenfold

Daddy's Gonna Pay Perfecto mix

With Or Without You

I'd love to hear a remix on Ultra Violet, Breathe, and a great sounding version of Crazy live remix (should of been a b-side to the single)

I never heard of the Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car Perfecto Mix, but it always seemed to me like a song that could be remixed well. Same for Ultraviolet and Breathe. And I'm really surprised there hasn't been a club version of No Line On the Horizon yet -- it's really begging for it.

I remember in 2003 there were plans for a single of The Hands That Built America allegedly backed by a new remix of The Playboy Mansion, but the single was scrapped when the song didn't win the oscar. I'd love for that remix to surface.

Other ones I've wished someone would remix: Miami, Gone, Bullet the Blue Sky, Your Blue Room, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Window In the Skies.

As for ones currently released elsewhere, In a Little While (Nightmares On Wax Remix) is definitely one of the best and deserves an official U2 release.

• Subscriber

[quote name='zoothousand.one wrote:

Jake99']Redanka mixes

Oakenfold

With Or Without You

I'd love to hear a remix on Ultra Violet, Breathe, and a great sounding version of Crazy live remix (should of been a b-side to the single)

I never heard of the Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car Perfecto Mix, but it always seemed to me like a song that could be remixed well. Same for Ultraviolet and Breathe. And I'm really surprised there hasn't been a club version of No Line On the Horizon yet -- it's really begging for it.

I remember in 2003 there were plans for a single of The Hands That Built America allegedly backed by a new remix of The Playboy Mansion, but the single was scrapped when the song didn't win the oscar. I'd love for that remix to surface.

Other ones I've wished someone would remix: Miami, Gone, Bullet the Blue Sky, Your Blue Room, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Window In the Skies.

As for ones currently released elsewhere, In a Little While (Nightmares On Wax Remix) is definitely one of the best and deserves an official U2 release.

Mysterious Ways  Perfecto mix is my favorite of all. I do have DGPFYCC Perfecto, but it was only shared in low bitrates.

Massive Attack did a remix of HMTMKMKM but it was done with parts of the song looped over and over.

Jacknife Lee's remix of WITS is aweful! There is a very cool remix of Gone that was done by DJ Crayon..

IALW Nightmare mix is very good, kinda along the lines of So Cruel (Chico's Groove Remix).

In God's Country Devil In The Dust Remix is awesome in my book.

Like to hear a good remix of Electrical Storm. DJ Sandstorm and Ulrick mixes are very good.

If you want to check them out, great boots and all the fruitleg remix cd's  are on Spiral Staircase for downloading; wink.gif

http://u2-thespiralstaircase.blogspot.com/search/label/Remixes

• Subscriber

[quote name='zoothousand.one wrote:

Jake99']Redanka mixes

Oakenfold

With Or Without You

Mysterious Ways  Perfecto mix is my favorite of all. I do have DGPFYCC Perfecto, but it was only shared in low bitrates.

Massive Attack did a remix of HMTMKMKM but it was done with parts of the song looped over and over.

Jacknife Lee's remix of WITS is aweful! There is a very cool remix of Gone that was done by DJ Crayon..

IALW Nightmare mix is very good, kinda along the lines of So Cruel (Chico's Groove Remix).

In God's Country Devil In The Dust Remix is awesome in my book.

Like to hear a good remix of Electrical Storm. DJ Sandstorm and Ulrick mixes are very good.

If you want to check them out, great boots and all the fruitleg remix cd's  are on Spiral Staircase for downloading; wink.gif

http://u2-thespiralstaircase.blogspot.com/search/label/Remixes