U2 Mix It Up

bigwave

• Subscriber

[quote name='zoothousand.one wrote:

Jake99']Redanka mixes

All Because of You (Redanka Indian Summer Vocal Mix)

All Because of You (Killahurtz Fly Mix) 6:54 version

Miracle Drug (Redanka Miracle Dub)

Miracle Drug (Redanka Zootopian Vocal Remix)

Oakenfold

Daddy's Gonna Pay Perfecto mix

With Or Without You

I'd love to hear a remix on Ultra Violet, Breathe, and a great sounding version of Crazy live remix (should of been a b-side to the single)

I never heard of the Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car Perfecto Mix, but it always seemed to me like a song that could be remixed well. Same for Ultraviolet and Breathe. And I'm really surprised there hasn't been a club version of No Line On the Horizon yet -- it's really begging for it.

I remember in 2003 there were plans for a single of The Hands That Built America allegedly backed by a new remix of The Playboy Mansion, but the single was scrapped when the song didn't win the oscar. I'd love for that remix to surface.

Other ones I've wished someone would remix: Miami, Gone, Bullet the Blue Sky, Your Blue Room, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Window In the Skies.

As for ones currently released elsewhere, In a Little While (Nightmares On Wax Remix) is definitely one of the best and deserves an official U2 release.

Mysterious Ways  Perfecto mix is my favorite of all. I do have DGPFYCC Perfecto, but it was only shared in low bitrates.

Massive Attack did a remix of HMTMKMKM but it was done with parts of the song looped over and over.

Jacknife Lee's remix of WITS is aweful! There is a very cool remix of Gone that was done by DJ Crayon..

IALW Nightmare mix is very good, kinda along the lines of So Cruel (Chico's Groove Remix).

In God's Country Devil In The Dust Remix is awesome in my book.

Like to hear a good remix of Electrical Storm. DJ Sandstorm and Ulrick mixes are very good.

If you want to check them out, great boots and all the fruitleg remix cd's  are on Spiral Staircase for downloading; wink.gif

http://u2-thespiralstaircase.blogspot.com/search/label/Remixes

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jake99 wrote:

zoothousand.one wrote:

Jake99']Redanka mixes

All Because of You (Redanka Indian Summer Vocal Mix)

All Because of You (Killahurtz Fly Mix) 6:54 version

Miracle Drug (Redanka Miracle Dub)

Miracle Drug (Redanka Zootopian Vocal Remix)

Oakenfold

Daddy's Gonna Pay Perfecto mix

With Or Without You

I'd love to hear a remix on Ultra Violet, Breathe, and a great sounding version of Crazy live remix (should of been a b-side to the single)

I never heard of the Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car Perfecto Mix, but it always seemed to me like a song that could be remixed well. Same for Ultraviolet and Breathe. And I'm really surprised there hasn't been a club version of No Line On the Horizon yet -- it's really begging for it.

I remember in 2003 there were plans for a single of The Hands That Built America allegedly backed by a new remix of The Playboy Mansion, but the single was scrapped when the song didn't win the oscar. I'd love for that remix to surface.

Other ones I've wished someone would remix: Miami, Gone, Bullet the Blue Sky, Your Blue Room, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Window In the Skies.

As for ones currently released elsewhere, In a Little While (Nightmares On Wax Remix) is definitely one of the best and deserves an official U2 release.

Mysterious Ways  Perfecto mix is my favorite of all. I do have DGPFYCC Perfecto, but it was only shared in low bitrates.

Massive Attack did a remix of HMTMKMKM but it was done with parts of the song looped over and over.

Jacknife Lee's remix of WITS is aweful! There is a very cool remix of Gone that was done by DJ Crayon..

IALW Nightmare mix is very good, kinda along the lines of So Cruel (Chico's Groove Remix).

In God's Country Devil In The Dust Remix is awesome in my book.

Like to hear a good remix of Electrical Storm. DJ Sandstorm and Ulrick mixes are very good.

If you want to check them out, great boots and all the fruitleg remix cd's  are on Spiral Staircase for downloading; wink.gif

http://u2-thespiralstaircase.blogspot.com/search/label/Remixes

Let me in the Sound. laugh.gif

roll.gif

eek.gif

happy.gif

• Subscriber

i might be Wrong ( it is early morning and i'm just waking up) but is'nt it 20 years since the Lovetown tour ?

if my plea for a remix of Pop goes on deaf ears, how about a DVd  and  *Soundboard* cd of the Lovetown Tour-Leg 1

*Sydney*  1989-11-18 /Aussie leg, which aired on Australian Tv ?

• Subscriber

[quote name='rubymoon wrote:

Kristaps']I would NOT want to have Lemon (perfecto mix) on the CD.

As  Lemon Perfecto mix is in a league of its own, don't you think?roll.gifYup! It's a great remix, I love it... but I'd rather have its place given to something new and crazy. Maybe Perfecto could remix something from the new album?

i know it's meant to be a remix off their back catalogue.....but it seems to me if U2 are going to remix their songs for their Fan club cd, then the often mooted remix of Pop cd should be the the one and only that needs to be revisited for a remix.

it is the ideal time to Seriously review Pop, they are due to go into the Studio to touch-up the next Long Player, why not tweak Pop at the same time and release it for Fan club members only.

I don't think they'll ever redo Pop. The way I see it, they either would give the whole album the same treatment they gave Discothèque, Gone, and Staring at the Sun on The Best of 1990-2000, or they would re-record and largely re-write the album. The former would be easier, but last time I heard Bono talk about it he sounded like it really needed the latter. I don't think the band would settle for less. And besides that being a long, arduous process, it would mean taking a time out from their current sound to go back and try to recreate the place their heads were at over a decade ago. Even their best attempt to recreate Pop would probably still sound a little more like what they're doing now. And it's almost against principle for U2 to go "backward," so to speak.

Or maybe not. They've done a decent job so far of finishing incomplete tracks for the re-masters without making them sound out of place in the era.

If they did it, I'd resubscribe just for a copy. I'd be as thrilled as anyone, maybe moreso.