a U2 high after a show?

Jim C

• Subscriber

Does anyone else get high from a U2 show?

I mean, I feel strange after a show- I don't sleep that night but don't feel tired the entire next day.

I feel true excitment in my body for at least 24 hours after the show.

I can't recall feeling this way about anything else.

Only perhaps when we had our child.

• Subscriber

I agree with you completly...I got home at about 130am last night I was in GA line since 8AM stood in the pit for hours and the night before only had 2 hours of sleep.........I still did not get to bed until 3am.........was up at 730am today and feel NOT tired! I usually feel the U2 excitment after shows...being such big fans and then getting to see them, hear them play.....it is magical.....at keast for me it is....so I know exactly how you feel.

• Subscriber

I could sleep ok after Dublin show...........But that's because I was in GA line from 8am and then jumped up and down for entire show so I actually fell into bed when I got home. My legs are still recovering! :)

Let's see about 28 times so far over about that many years, and hoping for many more to come. gone to a couple hundred concerts over the years and only BRUCE and PEARL JAM come close to U2, but not the same feeling....U2 is by far the best live show in last 20 years.

• Subscriber

Definately. I've been to all kinds of concerts, including many in the 70's. I have NEVER felt that way after, or during,  a show except a U2 show. It's the electricity they put out over the entire venue. I've said many times that it's like a religious experience.  People that say they don't really like U2 much, then I ask them if they've ever seen them live. When they say no, I tell them they will change their mind as soon as they do.  13 times and counting!!!

• Subscriber

There is definitely a HIGH feeling after a U2 show, it' usually last a couple of days for me. I'm a big Beatles fan as well, and even after seeing Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr, the feeling isn't the same. I Love them, but it's a different feeling altogether than at a U2 show.smile.gif

[/font]

I feel great after the shows but also a bit of a let down- and sooooo envious of those whose shows are still to come.  Reading the posts after each show keeps the high going a bit- it also makes me want to hop on a plane and head to the next city....