Urban Legends from your area.

illumination70

I was thinking since today is the first day of October, I was wondering if any of you other U2 fans had any urban legends from your neck of the woods to share.

One of the legends from my area (Eastern, WA.) we have an area nicknamed "Devil's Gulch" where many years ago a group of men went out drinking after work one night.

After the celebration, the group climbed into the back of a coworker's pickup truck and left for home only to be chased by a devil.

The group in the back kept telling the driver to go faster and faster to lose the creature, but it stayed with them until the truck crashed.

When the driver (the only crash survivor) awoke in the hospitol, he told them the story of what happened, the staff were going to brush the driver's testimony off in disbelief until they found claw marks on the backs of the crash victims.

Enough about my area, do you other U2 fans have any Urban Legends to share from your area?

• Subscriber

we just had the Clown Lady. She would be out late at night in clown makeup but regular clothes. My brother was coming home late one night and was at a stoplight and a lone car pulled up and he looked over. It was her and he just gunned it. Rumor was she was disfigured, or just didn't like her complexion. She basically painted on an all white face with big red dots on her cheeks---actually I haven't seen any of those movies but it reminded me of that thing in Saw (?) I think...I would see her shopping when I was little too....others said her husband died and he was the last to see her face prior to the makeup. As if she wouldn't let anyone else see her that way again....creeeped out a little kid I tell ya.....

On the island where I live there was a old man named John McGinty who used to wear hobnailed boots. Everywhere he walked you would hear him before you saw him because his boots would leave a clickity clack sound due to the nails that kept the soles to the boot were slightly protruding from their ends. There was a little wee bridge that he would walk over every day as he did his daily errands. People would often see him sittign on the bridge having a sandwich or enjoying a smoke, or even chatting with a neighbouring farmer. Well, John died some years ago but people still say that they can hear the clickity clack sound of his boots sometimes while they walk across that bridge. My girlfriend says she has heard him many times. I'm not sure I believe it.