You may say that I'm a dreamer...

afulan@u2.com

Hi Everyone

I might dream so I’m going to dream it loud…

A lot of people are complaining on this website how it is too much to pay for membership or it is a rip off and put blame on U2 or U2.com stuff

I’m not here to be judge or anything I’m here with a suggestion that everyone could feel good about it and have great benefits at the end…

Fans that are paying for subscription, U2.COM and I’m free to say as well U2 members and U2.COM could have great experience and something to write about also to be the first one to do something like this.

Idea would be that with a little help of U2.COM and U2 we would have all more fan…

What if U2.COM make some kind of draw or give to subscribers a code and that code would serve as to meet the band or one member of the band and spend a day with him or them…

Me personally (believe anyone else share same opinion pretty much) wouldn’t care who would I meet and would be excited with even "owning a thought" that there is possibility to have a conversation with one of them…

I believe that this make more sense than it looks like…

U2.COM and U2 would be pioneers and the first to do something like this…

U2.COM would have a great story or even documentary to make one day and give fans who subscribe DVD documentary(and it could be a documentary like no other in history of rn’r) of U2 fans meeting Adam,Larry,Bono or The Edge… Imagine that ha J

This could be once or twice a year but I believe that any member would be so excited thru a year that there is a chance to meet one or all of them…

U2 would give way much more back to fans than they could ever think about.

I think it wouldn’t be that lame experience for them over all…

Fans would be grateful for this once in a lifetime opportunity to U2 and U2.COM

And gratefulness is experience we all want in this relationship

It would be way much less complaining here, it would be way much more fun here, it would be even better than a real thing…

I know all this is possible if there is a will, and I hope there is…

This was just an idea…

You may say that I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one J

Well the thing is if the mangement and band agreed to this they would probably charge 300 dollars and it could include a backstage tour, an on stage tour and then meeting the band before the show in the green room or whatever. The money could go to one of the various U2 supported Charitys! And they could do this per show so they could make a difference.

But then again this same idea is great for people that could afford it but not for those on a lower income level, or that are struggling to make it in these troubling times. Maybe they could only charge 100 dollars or something. I think this could work and that people would pay for it if it was a for sure thing that they could meet the band.. I know I would! I waited for five hours on two seperate occasions trying to meet the guys before shows and lets just say it's really a crap shot to try and meet them this way...esp when people that showed up and only waited an hour some how meet them when you waited all this time, and then got run over. ( that didn't happen to me but Then again I left right before Bono showed up and heard stories of the mass chaos that insued.)

well first let me thank you for replying DesiresFire27 and sharing your opinion about this idea,it really means a lot to me...

Unfortunately we live in the world where is nothing for free and i would be more than happy if there would be enough SOUL (is a goal) and let anyone being able to participate in this opportunity not only paid members.

But than i was thinking if something like this would happen that $50 membership would triple number of members and that would make more than enough for dreams to come true for everybody...

I believe that a lot of people would be willing to give away $50 having a hope that they could meet one of the members...

I never believed that they will change my life forever when during the war in 1993 i stepped with my left foot on the album war...and they did, In my wildest dreams i couldn't imagine that there would play in Sarajevo and they did...and also i was 100 pro cent sure that there is no politics that i would agree with but than again they prove I'm wrong and there is...only politic with a taste is u2 politic...

But unfortunately we live in the greedy world...

And being honest i could see this only happening on this website because it's U2 and there is nothing out of game...

We all know that they pushed borders spiritually like no other band and they will always do that...

I don't want to think because U2 is so big today that they are untouchable...

I never had that feeling about them and that is one of the main reasons why this idea came to my mind...

And i believe that this could be an interesting thread....

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

John Lennon

I think that this may happen in the future who knows for sure? But if it's driven to provide funding for a charity I think that would really motivate the guys into doing a Meet & Greet package. And I don't think anyone that paid the price would regret spending that money in anyway shape or form. Aerosmith does something similar but with their package theres no guarantee that you will meet the band.

• Subscriber

I know you are suggesting this thing for good and I don't want to offend you, really, but I don't find this idea so appealling, maybe because it sounds like going to watch rare specimens, I couldn't feel comfortable in this situation and I think it could be horrible for the band members, but maybe it's just me, I don't wait for them to sign anything or to take a picture of them with me, I don't stalk them, I've talked to Bono in a very different context and I found him a wonderful person and I hope he found me a good person too, that's how I think things should be, I prefer not to meet any of them any more than doing it under such circumstances as you describe.