Gavin Friday's Show Tomorrow :)

• Subscriber

[quote name='MaryfrmNY wrote:

Jake99']Excellent! Hope you have a great time. The book signing is our all time moment also due to you. And yes, it's good having friends in excellent places.

I posted on the sub side our little story i'd like to share with you;

Damn... I just paid 50 bucks for a u2.com membership thinking that was why I couldn't get to the link but it's still not working!

Nicer background colors for the paid members... so I suppose that's worth $50 eh? lol

That sucks!! Give Big Wave a pm (if you can) he'll get it all sorted for you. good moderator and a LOT better than our old one, that's for sure! 

• Subscriber

[quote name='MaryfrmNY wrote:

Jake99']Excellent! Hope you have a great time. The book signing is our all time moment also due to you. And yes, it's good having friends in excellent places.

I posted on the sub side our little story i'd like to share with you;

Damn... I just paid 50 bucks for a u2.com membership thinking that was why I couldn't get to the link but it's still not working!

Nicer background colors for the paid members... so I suppose that's worth $50 eh? lol

That sucks!! Give Big Wave a pm (if you can) he'll get it all sorted for you. good moderator and a LOT better than our old one, that's for sure! 

• Subscriber

I'm going tomorrow night (and btw, Mary, I also saw signs around my neighborhood about the Ronan Tynan show and had a laugh because I found out about that after I bought the Carnegie Hall ticket.) Just decided to try for a ticket last week and last Thursday morning, up popped a nice orchestra seat so I'm really excited about that!

I've been to a couple of benefit concerts at Carnegie Hall for the Rainforest Foundation (Sting's organization). Usually I'm up in the nosebleeds for those shows but generally people dress up a bit more than they would for a concert at MSG. Maybe shoes instead of sneakers, or nicer jeans or pants instead of faded/holey jeans.

It's supposed to be a bit warm and humid tomorrow which can make the decisions more complicated!

• Subscriber

I could not believe that there are still tickets available for this show.  I think it will be LOTS of fun.  I had seen the original notice to U2.com... then I saw the Live Nation notice.  At the Meadowlands 360 Tour show, there were flyer's being handed out in the parking lot.... and Carnegie Hall is still not sold out?   

• Subscriber
I'm going tomorrow night (and btw, Mary, I also saw signs around my neighborhood about the Ronan Tynan show and had a laugh because I found out about that after I bought the Carnegie Hall ticket.) Just decided to try for a ticket last week and last Thursday morning, up popped a nice orchestra seat so I'm really excited about that!

I've been to a couple of benefit concerts at Carnegie Hall for the Rainforest Foundation (Sting's organization). Usually I'm up in the nosebleeds for those shows but generally people dress up a bit more than they would for a concert at MSG. Maybe shoes instead of sneakers, or nicer jeans or pants instead of faded/holey jeans.

It's supposed to be a bit warm and humid tomorrow which can make the decisions more complicated!

Thanks SW. It's going to be tight.. Ronan show at 4pm.. with a reception afterwards.  It's a bit much for one day/night and I would skip it but I really love Ronan's voice .... it gives me goosebumps. :) He's also holds a special place because of the physical challenges he's overcome to get where he is today.  Very inspirational and very funny too! Hopefully "Gavin and Friends" will have a few drinks before the show and it won't start on time. :)

I'll refrain from commenting on Courtney Love, but I'm sure she'll add to the "uniqueness" of the show. :)

Have fun and thanks again!

• Subscriber
I could not believe that there are still tickets available for this show.  I think it will be LOTS of fun.  I had seen the original notice to U2.com... then I saw the Live Nation notice.  At the Meadowlands 360 Tour show, there were flyer's being handed out in the parking lot.... and Carnegie Hall is still not sold out?   
I checked the website again and it looks like there are only tickets in certain sections available. I sure hope it fills up but if not I hope they let those of us in the upper levels fill up those seats. :)
  • Subscriber

That's weird that it's not sold out because there are certainly some reasonably priced tickets (usually for Rainforest benefits the "cheap seats" are at least $150, but they do a great show with a lot of variety). I admit I hesitated because I was concerned about overspending while waiting to hear whether they'll do more dates in the U.S. and I wasn't sure about spending the money if they're not performing as "U2," but then I realized that they can read the yellow pages or a newspaper and I would enjoy it.

• Subscriber

Thanks for posting the article. Yes, it is an eclectic mix of people -- Courtney Love, Shane McGowan and Joel Grey on the same stage! Worth the admission price right there:)

I just got my ticket last night -- called the box office and was able to get a 2nd row Balcony seat...and that's what I was looking for.  I'll bring some binoculars. Only arriving in the city at 5pm -- grab something to eat at Whole Foods Market and then over to the show

This is going to be fun!!

• Subscriber
That's weird that it's not sold out because there are certainly some reasonably priced tickets (usually for Rainforest benefits the "cheap seats" are at least $150, but they do a great show with a lot of variety). I admit I hesitated because I was concerned about overspending while waiting to hear whether they'll do more dates in the U.S. and I wasn't sure about spending the money if they're not performing as "U2," but then I realized that they can read the yellow pages or a newspaper and I would enjoy it.

LOL Well, reading the newspaper might be a bit boring. I'm actually hoping that they'll sing the "Here's to You Ronny Drew" song, which I love, but I have a feeling that wouldn't quite fit with the show. Adam said they were going to do about 4 songs, but he made it sound like they'd do them as U2. Whatever, I'm sure it's going to be a great show!

And you're welcome Sped and yes, I'm sure it's going to be a fun night.  :)

Well Happy Birthday to a very wild Gavin Friday. Hopefully, there will be a big ole birthday cake and cupcakes for the audience. That's what it's really all about, wasn't it Friday's dream to play there once in his life? What great friends he has, that are creative enough to make it all happen for him and them too LOL! *wahine throws hugs and kisses & birthday wishes from Florida to Carnegie Hall* Everyone have a great time tonight and take lots of pics!