I told Shane MacGowan he needs to quit drinking

• Subscriber

Overall, it was a great show - plenty of highs & very few lows. They closed the evening with a group jam on Jean Genie. An inexplicable appearance by a Prince impersonator was probably the lowest of the lows. Shane's performance, Andrea Corrs', Lady Ga Ga's, & anytime some or all of U2 took to the stage were among the many highs.
That was Fred Armisen from Saturday Night Live, I thought it was funny (albeit bizarre)

Here is the finale - sorry for the shaky video in the beginning

[quote name='beershack wrote:

spfarrell']Overall, it was a great show - plenty of highs & very few lows. They closed the evening with a group jam on Jean Genie. An inexplicable appearance by a Prince impersonator was probably the lowest of the lows. Shane's performance, Andrea Corrs', Lady Ga Ga's, & anytime some or all of U2 took to the stage were among the many highs.

That was Fred Armisen from Saturday Night Live, I thought it was funny (albeit bizarre)

Here is the finale - sorry for the shaky video in the beginning

Wow! Gavin looks so handsome in that suit! It must have been really special to be there. Thanks for capturing it on film for us.

• Subscriber

Anyone get or find video of Bono singing "The last Song I'll ever sing?" That was amazing. Worth my ticket price just for that! I'll post a link to my shaky photos tonight.

• Subscriber

[quote name='happy.gifhappy.gifMaryfrmNY wrote:

unos/dos/tres/catorce']If he stops drinking it'll kill him, his body is so programmed to accept his booze the shock of it would kill him stone dead. If Shane wanted to stop, which he doesn't he would.

The guys a poet & a genius and as we all know they all got the crosses to bear

That's what the guy I was talking to last night said too.  Was that you?? If so, send me a message with your email, I have a photo of bono leaning over the roof of the car to shake your hand.

Not me Mary but thanks for thinking of that happy.gif