NO ENERGY IN NO LINE....

promans

MacFoley wrote:

new songs energy?

magnificent, get on your boots, stand up comedy, breathe lots of energy there if you ask me.

Very true! To listen to the whole album and to say that it lacks energy is very concerning. I'd see a doctor and ask for a blood exam rightaway. No Line On The Horizon cannot solve anemia or vitamin deficiency, I'm afraid.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Well I disagree I love the album, I admit some songs at first I wasn't crazy for all the songs at first listen...Unknown Caller I didn't understand atall ...No Line On the Horizon I was Meh for me...but I kept listening and I love both those songs now.

So maybe listen a few more times and songs might grow on you...and if not well the cd will make a great coaster ;) ..j/k

• Subscriber

pa kitty wrote:

I have to admit....1st listen I only even liked 2 or 3 of the songs...was dissappointed...Then I listened in my car with it cranked and a couple more songs are really growing on me.... Moment of Surrender is deeeeeeep and now I love it. White as Snow another song that needed a couple listens.... Dont think this will ever be my favorite U2 album . But thats okay

Moment Of Surrender deep? hmm. Not convinced of that myself...

I listened to the album constantly for 3 days, and it didn't grow on me at all. I still only like NLOTH 2 & Boots. All I can say is I'm glad I onlypaid £6 for it.

C'mon, you haven't heard these songs live yet. Even though it will never happen, I wish U2 would redo some of their songs...playing the live version of

it, but in a studio environment (without the crowd background). Like: Streets, With Or Without You (Rattle & Hum DVD version), Mofo, Hold Me Thrill Me,

Please, In God's Country, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Electric Co., Pride, Bad...etc.

• Subscriber

I have heard them live, when they performed for the BBC, was available to watch on freeview all weekend (and probably still available via their website:http://www.bbc.co.uk/musicevents/u2/)

As for Please, it was re-recorded - the single version is much improved over the album one. (Most people won't have it though as they missed all the goodsongs off the best of 1990-2000)