Tampa Was HOT!!!

DPRSTHEONE

Tampa was a hot show. Not just the band but the whole blasted stadium. Some schmuck from the St. Petersburg Times assured us of a 3 hour plus show. Not to be. The same guy said some truly rare songs like Wire would appear in the set list,

I wish he were here right now but that's life. It did cause a general let down but the show itself, well I've been going to stadium concerts since 1975 when I saw Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Nazerath and Lynryd Sknryd blast RFK stadium. NEVER in my wildest dreams did I believe that this show would come close, would it come close to both Zoo Station shows at RFK! YOU BET! It blew them all away. When I say it was hot and humid it was very much so, even for Florida,

please any one or every one. I am looking for a gorgeous Red Headed woman. Section 124 Seat 1, sweety you made the show as much as the band for me. Please get in contact some how some way, some one help ME!! She was meant to be mine! tongue.gif

I'm right there with you on the show! Tampa, the stadium, the crowd, the show... was INCREDIBLE! ZooTV at RFK in D.C. back in summer of 1992 when my friends and I were working the summer in Ocean City, MD was also THE U2 concert highlight for me but this show probably topped that from a crowd energy standpoint from our perspective! Just a GREAT, GREAT atmosphere even dispite the record temperatures and humidity and sweat. But it was all worth it!

I don't know what it is but Tampa ALWAYS has been one of the best U2 crowds in the states I've experienced and I've seen them all over North America going back to the War Tour.

The "Schmuck" you're refering to wrote an article called "Dream Set List", it was what the writer would have liked to see, not what they would play. It was not an article on what you would hear or for how long. It was written by Robert Sitten. Current temperature here in the Bay Area... 93 at 1:08pm

Tampa WAS HOTT!!! And I live in Lakeland which is just 30 min away so I know what Florida heat & humidity is like, but damnit it was HOTT!!!! I'm so glad I was GA in Atlanta, but not in Tampa. I couldn't imagine being down there in the circle with that heat.

As for the energy throughout the crowd, it was tremendous! Wow....72,000 + were fired up for U2 and that only made what was already a fantastic concert that much better! The only downside for me, I don't know exactly when I'll get to see U2 again. :(

I am back in Los Angeles and for me it was sooo Hot and humid for a show.  I enjoyed it but couldnt get as much as I wanted because of it,  They will be in LA in 12 days  , I hope it is perfect outroll.gif

It should be, coz that's where they'll be filming....Rose Bowl.

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

ultra4u2']I am back in Los Angeles and for me it was sooo Hot and humid for a show.  I enjoyed it but couldnt get as much as I wanted because of it,  They will be in LA in 12 days  , I hope it is perfect out
roll.gif

It should be, coz that's where they'll be filming....Rose Bowl.

Are you serious!!??  How do you know?