Pre-sale, worth it? Advice?

Jasvox

Hi there. Obviously I am a member of the fan club and have bought tickets through here for previous tours, but was just curious about the opinions from other members who have bought tickets through the presale. My goal is to get the best "seats" as possible, not GA standing for hours....and was just curious what the seats are generally released for the pre-sale...not red-zone, because I cannot afford them (plus, having been to 20+ U2 shows in the past, all the way back to 1983 when the tickets were less than $10, I can't see spending $500+ per seat)

What have your experiences been with the pre-sale seat locations?

Jas

I know that in Vienna you could choose your seat in the presale, too, it depends on the ticket seller I think...

Honestly, I think that presale codes are just a good way to reduce stress and have your tickets (GAs mainly). But I managed to get 2 GA tickets anyway during the free sale, so... If I had a code I would keep it for "hot" dates, like the one in my country or in Ireland, if the Belfast rumor will become reality.

Hope it helps ;)

I was fearing that. I was hoping however, the pre-sale seats, since we all paid the bucks to be members here, were to be the best on sale tickets available. Otherwise, I am wondering why I paid the premium to join the site for mainly the chance to get first crack at tickets which are in no way guaranteed or expected to be any better than what goers into the general sale. 25 years of being a very big fan and supporter...seems to be a poorly thought out scheme by the tour promoters and manager.

That is a hard one, but I for one have never had success in general sales for U2 tickets. I got the tickets I wanted in the presale on here in five minutes with absolutely no fuss. For me, it was worth it for that alone, plus the chance to buy or trade with other subscribers for more shows. I did that twice and had absolutely no problems.