New Album title and single in Rolling Stone

NewVincent

I hardly ever post. But saw in RollingStone today the new album title will be Songs of Ascent and the first singlewill be Every Breaking Wave, which was left off of Horizon.

Link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/04/u2-talk-horizon-follow-up-spider-man-musical-in-rolling-stone-cover-story/

True to form, Bono already has a plan for the first single from the band's next album. RS uncovered details of that project, describedas "a sister release to No Line on the Horizon, a Zooropa to its Achtung Baby," which could arrive within the year.

Bono already knows the title -
Songs of Ascent
- and the first single, a surging anthem called "Every Breaking Wave" that was left off
No Line
at the last minute.
Songs of Ascent
will be quieter than
No Line
; in many ways, it's that ghost album of hymns and Sufi singing. "We're making a kind of heartbreaker, a meditative, reflective piece of work, but not indulgent," Bono says. "It will all have a clear mood, like
Kind of Blue
. Or
A Love Supreme
would be a point of reference, for the space it occupies in people's lives, which is to say, with that album, I almost take my shoes off to listen to it."

Sorry if this was already posted.

• Subscriber

What a year for U2 fans! Two albums in one year, a tour on the "horizon"!!

I can never get enough U2, this album sounds like it will be beaU2iful, I like the comment Bono makes, that he almost wants to take his shoes off tolisten to it. image

hehe - and also the fact Bono's trying to get Adam and Larry to agree to releasing the Spiderman tunes as a U2 album as well :) I'm sure it willprobably be Passengers release.

Three albums within 18 months? That would certainly make up for almost 5 years' absence!