Las Vegas, Baby!

u2fan1977

• Subscriber

per most of the posts I've seen, the Sam Boyd stadium people are pretty clueless. No wristbands, no numbering, no GA line up prior to 3pm. They don't even know how to answer the questions put to them on the phone. i think it's becuase they are so unfamiliar with large GA crowds. This outta be good..eek.gif

Yeah for Vegas --only a few days away :) - I had planned on going down to the stadium about 12pm -noon but

I guess no one is sure if the parking lot will be open at that time or what.

Tailgating sounds awesome -good friends, good fans getting to know each other for a fantastic show!!

Mysterygirlx in Reno

I called and I agree that they seem totally clueless...

First I asked what time parking will open and said 3pm, which I just find strange, also asked about parking price and said its free (included in price of admission) that had me doubting even more ha!

They seemed so unsure, but this is a real problem because I'm driving and are planning on arriving around 10am. and need a place to park. anyone know any alternative?

Around 10am how many people do you think they will be in line already?

• Subscriber
I called and I agree that they seem totally clueless...

First I asked what time parking will open and said 3pm, which I just find strange, also asked about parking price and said its free (included in price of admission) that had me doubting even more ha!

They seemed so unsure, but this is a real problem because I'm driving and are planning on arriving around 10am. and need a place to park. anyone know any alternative?

Around 10am how many people do you think they will be in line already?

Can't comment on the parking as I will be walking. The hotel is a mile away. Based on previous experiences, I would speculate that several hundred people will be there by 10. Let's hope that by tomorrow the venue has a real game plan in place!

• Subscriber

But they still don;t have a game plan besides what they probably usually have for regular events. The girl said maybe the day before they may have some new information but nothing new has been given to them. I told here they'd never be able to turn away the number of people headed to the stadium prior to 3pm. I told her most shows have 200 people in line by 9am. They seem to think they can just tell people 'come back later' and that'll work.

With lots opening at 3pm, not sure how you can park earlier than 3. I'm walking from my hotel so don't have a car to worry about. Not sure about other places to park off site.

The whole thing with them not having a realistic game plan makes me nervous. hopefully the first people in line for GA will tweet back to atu2 or post here on what's going on with the line/police/security, etc

• Subscriber
But they still don;t have a game plan besides what they probably usually have for regular events. The girl said maybe the day before they may have some new information but nothing new has been given to them. I told here they'd never be able to turn away the number of people headed to the stadium prior to 3pm. I told her most shows have 200 people in line by 9am. They seem to think they can just tell people 'come back later' and that'll work.

With lots opening at 3pm, not sure how you can park earlier than 3. I'm walking from my hotel so don't have a car to worry about. Not sure about other places to park off site.

The whole thing with them not having a realistic game plan makes me nervous. hopefully the first people in line for GA will tweet back to atu2 or post here on what's going on with the line/police/security, etc

I know how you feel. It would be nice to know exactly what their procedure will be so that we can all go ahead and get our own game plans in order. I too will be walking to the venue. I say just show up at the time you intend to and let the cards fall where they may.