New fan: Where Do I Start?

Floridita727

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

wink.gifi agree with every body her start with boy,but you must get achung baby its a must,

i also recon you should get rattle and hum on dvd, you will be happy.(also get the cd its great)

while getting dvds make shure you get red rocks,and sydney zoo tv.

then after all that get a copy of the zoo dancing bootleg bono's just to hot.

but make shure you get all alumbs as i fell that they all tell a little story.tongue.gif

Start with Achtung Baby. Then Zooropa, then Pop.

Then Leave it Behind and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

Then go listen to their 80's albums. Unforgettable Fire first, then October and War and Boy, then, and only then, Joshua Tree.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

When I was a new fan back in 2006, I started with HTBAAB since it was out.  Then, I started at the beginning and savored each and every album, which took a while.  So I agree with Mac and Bonohood. Also, read "U2 By U2."  Life is better with U2.  wink.gif  Also, every time I listen, which is pretty much most of the time, I hear some new little riff or beat or line.  Very rich stuff.  See you in Miami?

Its funny I havent visited here in a while & someone responds to this post today :)

I'll update y'all on my progress.

1. The library is a wonderful thing.

So far I've read: U2 By U2, A Convo with Bono, Until The End of The World. Next on my list is Killing Bono.

2. Itunes is v. convenient but needs more U2 stuff besides just studio albums.

I have every studio album except JT (in its entirety) and October.

I have the RedRocks DVD (got it for Xmas!)

R&H on my DVR (will buy in near future)

Thanks to UTube I know I desperatley need to buy ZooTv & Slane Castle dvds.

I cant pick a fave era or album. I honestly love them all for diff. reasons.  The music from every album is diff.& unique to itself.

Yes!  I have seat tix to Miami. Trying to figure who's going with me.

hya,there is so much for you to catch up on,i.ve been a fan for over 20 years and i am still coming across new things,the first album i bought was the unforgettable fire,which i will always have a soft spot for as it,s such a great album.i also really love the joshua tree and no line on the horizon.so happy listening,you will enjoy the experience,

Hi everyone :)

So as the title says I'm a newly converted fan. 

I 've been a causual listener for years but I won tix to their show for last Fri. (Tampa)

and I'm hooked now.  

But now I have 30 years worth of music to sort through & thats daunting.

I already have their Greatest Hits from 1980-1990 & 3 songs from NLOTH.

Some of my faves are : Sunday Bloody Sunday, All I Want Is You, Breathe, With Or With Out You

Normally I'd just buy all the albums the artist has out but its alot in this case.

What other albums are must haves?

Thanks.

hi! and welcome! everyone else on this thread basically covered the basics on the must have albums and stuff like that. My opinion is similar to some of theirs, the joshua tree album and all that you can't leave behind are both great. War too. its great to have someone new on here, and again, welcome! happy.gif

When I was a new fan back in 2006, I started with HTBAAB since it was out.  Then, I started at the beginning and savored each and every album, which took a while.  So I agree with Mac and Bonohood. Also, read "U2 By U2."  Life is better with U2.  wink.gif  Also, every time I listen, which is pretty much most of the time, I hear some new little riff or beat or line.  Very rich stuff.  See you in Miami?

so im not the only one who hears something new each time!!!  lol smile.gif

• Subscriber

U2 by U2 is a great book - tells you all you need to know

AB is my favourite album to. Not my first album of theirs - that was Joshua Tree, but AB just totally blew me away and been addicted to them ever since