New fan: Where Do I Start?

Floridita727

• Subscriber

You absolutely MUST read, "U2 at the End of the World" . . . . . all about the AB era and it should be REQUIRED reading for any U2 fan ")))) For their music, I really don't think there's a bad place to start . . . how could you go wrong? I guess that I would recommend that you get the DVD's and watch them because in my opinion, U2 is all about the live experience and the DVD's are the next best thing to being there. Enjoy your journey "))))))))

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hello and welcome! Hope you are enjoying it in here. You've already had loads of suggestions, mine, for what's it's worth, would be to start with the most recent then work your way back to the Boy album then re-listen from the beginning to the most recent again...it may take some time but it's a fascinating journey!

Achtung is a masterpiece and Joshua Tree is a must-listen! Unforgetable Fire, at night, in bed, with the lights off - lose yourself in it is the best way!

• Subscriber

Just make sure you have Sydney Zoo on DVD and listen to Running to Stand Still and how it goes into Streets. Chilling...If you are just at your computer you can look that up on Youtube, but you must own it someday!. And on youtube the performance of Bad at Live Aid. Maybe by now, though, you have seen those. I love that they still grab new fans and shake em up!