I WISH THEY WERE MIXING UP THE SET LIST MORE

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to two shows this tour (Chicago night 2 and Houston). They did change th esetlist between these shows (took out Unknown caller iin favor of Mysterious Ways for Houston - I preferred Unknown Caller). That was the only major change, with along with changes in order of songs. Also, I don't remember the space baby at the Chicago showl. This is probably best seeing as they are playing 2 to 3 shows a week. Too many changes could be a bad thing.

With this type of production, like ZooTV, all their songs are also linked to video and light designs. Most people don't know that every concert is choreagraphed...some are more obvious than others....they have to be in certain parts of the stage at certain times for light cues...and even parts of a song where they have to communicate to stay in sync...especially Larry and Adam. I also wish the setlist would change, but to them, playing only once or twice in a city means that they are treating each venue equally. If it was back in then, when they played arena venues 2-3 times, they would change the setlists a bit. Also, each tour has a theme. When they come back around in 2010, they'll probably be playing some of 'Songs of Ascent'....as well as replacing some of the songs on this current leg. They'll be going back to the big cities (N.America), and some smaller ones.

• Subscriber

oh well there maybe some changes if 'songs of ascent' comes out in time for next years dates. i think most people were expecting more as it was suggested that this tour would really mix it-up, when in fact it was safe (as usual of late). bring back a rock n roll band and bin the karoke

• Subscriber

If they'd change the setlist, I'm sure THE SAME PEOPLE would come and whine about the band playing Acrobat in Boston, Drowning Man in NYC, Running to Stand Still in Chicago but not playing any of these songs in their show...

• Subscriber

These are two different setlists during the 3rd leg of the Vertigo Tour. Even though the main sets are basically identical. It shows that they were mixing it up quite a bit. You can go to U2Tours.com to see the setlists in each city they toured. From what I saw, Discotheque was played only once during this leg in Chicago.

U2: September 20, 2005 at Chicago, IL

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, The Electric Co., The Ocean, Walk On, Beautiful Day - Sgt. Pepper's, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Yahweh, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One - Ol' Man River

Encore(s): Discotheque, The Fly, With or Without You, All Because of You, The First Time, Bad - 40

U2:October 11, 2005 at New York, NY

Main Set: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, Out of Control, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Beautiful Day, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One - Ol' Man River

Encore(s): The First Time (acoustic), Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Fast Cars, With or Without You, All Because of You, Crumbs From Your Table, 40

Yes this topic has been beat to death, often by myself , but they have made very few changes on this USA leg and this encore thing --- the same 3 songs --- makes no sense ! so in the end u2 has also proved they can be quite stubborn too. In the recent R/Stone article they said they would dig deep and play songs never played before, not really true, overall the set list seldom changes but wait and see on YOUTUBE  they may just do the opposite and really mix it up? or play the standard 23 ?