Things over-heard in Dallas/Houston

prksoda00

These are all comments/questions I over heard at both shows, that some of you may find amusing.

"Whats the name of Bono's band?"

"Why do we have to stand up down here?!?"

"We didn't have to stand on the floor at George Strait(vomit)!"

"What band did Bono used to be in before he started U2? Wasn't it like Boston or the The Eagles?" Seriously, someone asked me that.

That on top of the mass exodus of people during YBR in Houston and people thinking the show was over after the first encore made things really funny.

On another note, I knew "My" U2 were back the moment all of the casual fans didn't know the new songs/UFF/YBR and looked put-out and overheard a lot of "That was weird" or "They played too many new songs," when in fact they were talking about UFF/YB/Ultraviolet which are OLD FREAKING SONGS!  Aw yes, they have outdone and killed the crap from the Vertigo tour. This is fucking awesome. Thanks U2.

• Subscriber

LOL.. I wonder how many of those later go online and complain :D

How was Your Blue Room live? So far I've heard just the recording of the first time they played it live, and maybe because of the recording, maybe because of the band, but I didn't like it - sounded kind of underrehearsed and awkward.

Was it good or bad?

It was really good, Bono came in early on one of the lines, that was about it. They soundchecked it 2-3 times I think that afternoon. The verse sung by Frank freakin' rules.

They were complaining the morning after on the radio "Bon Jovi was better! They played more songs we knew! And they weren 't all WEIRD." Thats one I distinctly remember.

[quote name='prksoda00 wrote:

Panth']Texas is scary.

Agreed. There is a place in Texas called "White Settlement." I just HAD to go into the Walmart Supercenter there.

Scary as hell.

Is it as bad as I'm imagining a place called White Settlement, Texas?

White Settlement goes back to the frontier days, 1800's, it was where the settlers lived when the north Texas area was still Native American (indian) country. It is now a very blue collar town and most of the people that live there work/worked at the Lockheed plant (used to be General Dynamics) that manufactures military fighter planes such as the F-16.

that is just sad, but I'm not surprised, Vertigo in Omaha, I heard folks yelling "shut up and sing" during the Declaration of Human Rights portion, and several folks walked out after Kayne (Im a gonna let you finish) West. I guess if you increase the capacity, the probability of yokels increases. I haven't gotten to a 360º show, but I would guess the reason American audiences might be a tad less enthusiastic than say Brazilian or a Polish crowd would be the "there to be seen" element. Same kind of folk that leave the ringer on their cell phone during movies or worse, a play or a recital, and answer it, and talk loudly.

that is just sad, but I'm not surprised, Vertigo in Omaha, I heard folks yelling "shut up and sing" during the Declaration of Human Rights portion, and several folks walked out after Kayne (Im a gonna let you finish) West. I guess if you increase the capacity, the probability of yokels increases. I haven't gotten to a 360º show, but I would guess the reason American audiences might be a tad less enthusiastic than say Brazilian or a Polish crowd would be the "there to be seen" element. Same kind of folk that leave the ringer on their cell phone during movies or worse, a play or a recital, and answer it, and talk loudly.
If that's the only attitude they have when they do something then what's really the point to do it at all?  Are they that boring?

Yes, I answer myself, yes they are.