Things over-heard in Dallas/Houston

prksoda00

[quote name='Panth wrote:

trickywicket']that is just sad, but I'm not surprised, Vertigo in Omaha, I heard folks yelling "shut up and sing" during the Declaration of Human Rights portion, and several folks walked out after Kayne (Im a gonna let you finish) West. I guess if you increase the capacity, the probability of yokels increases. I haven't gotten to a 360º show, but I would guess the reason American audiences might be a tad less enthusiastic than say Brazilian or a Polish crowd would be the "there to be seen" element. Same kind of folk that leave the ringer on their cell phone during movies or worse, a play or a recital, and answer it, and talk loudly.

If that's the only attitude they have when they do something then what's really the point to do it at all?  Are they that boring?

Yes, I answer myself, yes they are.

You're right. It was strange in the inner circle in Norman, getting weird looks from people because some of us *gasp* knew all the lyrics, jumped around and went crazy...as they texted/drank/tried to look cool.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I hate to hear that.  I'm from Omaha and know that there are many fans here. It's too bad you were seated with the casual concert goers.  I know that everyone around me was really into it.  It sounded like a chorus of people singing along. A friend of mine was in Dublin after the Omaha show and met U2 at an event at the U.S. Embassy.  They each said how much they liked the Qwest Center and how they looked forward to playing here again.   

Hope you get a chance to see the 360 show.  I've seen it a couple of times and can't wait for the summer of '10.