Favorite Halloween Candy!!

illumination70

• Subscriber

Wow, I'm really going to date myself here, but my favorite Halloween candy from mychildhood was the homemade popcorn balls that my grandma used to make. She made them all by hand, then wrapped each one in wax paper.  Nowadays you couldn't let your kids have one if they got one. But back then you didn't have to worry about crap like that.

Wow, I'm really going to date myself here, but my favorite Halloween candy from mychildhood was the homemade popcorn balls that my grandma used to make. She made them all by hand, then wrapped each one in wax paper.  Nowadays you couldn't let your kids have one if they got one. But back then you didn't have to worry about crap like that.
  I hear ya because when I was in grade school, a couple of my neighbors did the homemade cookies, popcorn balls,etc. and you don't see them no more because some whackos developed some real warped ideas about homemade goodies.

• Subscriber

Right. It's too bad that this great holiday got ruined by some crazies. But like the old saying goes' They don't make them like they used to'. Be it cars, holidays, whatever. But back then we didn't have U2, so some good things have come out of progress!!!

can't remember a favorite..probably something with chocolate.

I liked blow pops too.

Candy corn is fun to eat as long as each flavor is nibbled on individually.

A little too sweet for my old tastebuds but it's tradition.

And how bizarre was it that even in the 70's we'd have to examine each piece of candy to make sure there were no pins in them.

It was a game. How weird was that?