U2 now see the reality that NO LINE is a failure.

MacFoley

Well, its because its not easy to catch on...A little to heavy for general public.:) The fact is that NLOTH is brilliant. Most of the people I heard (and I red similar posts here on this forum) didn't like it at first, now they all say its great. When I first heard it, I also didn't like it. It was like I bought a wrong album. :D It has to be played few times to get connected. Can you imagine a non-fan to buy an album that has to be "studied" before and then decided: I like it, like it not? I can't. :)) Today is all in boobs, legs, cloths, and songs with "f***, "s***, left me, cheat me, kill me" words in. To listen that, you really don't have to have brains, so people usually leave it at home. :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

WOW, I almost forgot!! I have backstage seats for brussels... but then again could be a nice angle to look at some 'flesh'... i bet he has a nice ***...wink.gif it's a good thing hans doesn't read these forums!!!tongue.gif

don't tell on me jessika!

I had those seats in Amsterdam last july and I have to say : his *** looked magnificent !

• Subscriber
Well, its because its not easy to catch on...A little to heavy for general public.:) The fact is that NLOTH is brilliant. Most of the people I heard (and I red similar posts here on this forum) didn't like it at first, now they all say its great. When I first heard it, I also didn't like it. It was like I bought a wrong album. :D It has to be played few times to get connected. Can you imagine a non-fan to buy an album that has to be "studied" before and then decided: I like it, like it not? I can't. :)) Today is all in boobs, legs, cloths, and songs with "f***, "s***, left me, cheat me, kill me" words in. To listen that, you really don't have to have brains, so people usually leave it at home. :D
I completely agree with you : NLOTH is absolutely fabulous !

At first, I liked the album but i wasn't completely convinced of it's quality.

The more I listened to it, the more I liked it, up to the point that I think that the album is really terrific and can be considered as one of U2's best so far.

My first impression of NLOTH was, "Hmmm, Bono's gotten a little preachy...even for me" so I'm not surprised that it hasn't been received as well as some of their other albums, though I don't understand why "Boots" didn't go over better. It's a rockin' motivational song! If you listen to "Magnificent" with uneducated ears and a mind with preconceived notions, it's easy to see how the song could be misconstrued as egotistical rather than humble, as intended. I would be tempted to say that NL is a diversion from "typical U2" except that concept doesn't exist. U2 has evolved with each creation, incorporating new ideas intertwined with common threads. Fortunately we have positioned them so that they may be less concerned about sales and focus on the message and delivery.

Though NL had already grown on me by the time I saw the 360 show, seeing them perform the songs live really clinched it. I listen to it at least every few days now and each time I do, another aspect of this multi-dimensional work is revealed. It's unfortunate that because of a lack of promotion, the messages contained within may not reach as many, but for those of us who have "ears to hear", it's a blessing.

Hey one last word....

People stop taking it on Lady Gaga!

that is the first fundamented Pop artist I've ever seen

maybe all the ideas are not from her

but creativity is there.

"My first impression of NLOTH was, "Hmmm, Bono's gotten a little preachy...even for me"

Pet... I share that feeling.