u2 cancel downunder plans?

eyes.gifJust heard on the radio (in New Zealand) that u2 have cancelled their plans to come to Australia and New Zealand due to it being too expensive and unable to reach dates with stadiums ect.........said that they would come next tour....I hope this is a joke but I thought I would post this so that someone could tell me its not true!! It sounded pretty real....time to cancel travel plans? I hope not
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um....this is one that I didn't want to bring up....from what I heard, they're trying to work with the venues, they need to have 10 shows sold out (in Australia) in order to cover just the transportation expenses alone, for their production (that's why ticket sales are about 6 months out)....but still a possibility. Hopefully they make it there...I have several mates out there, who can't wait to see them....again this tour is most likely to extend to 2011.

• Subscriber

frown.gifIm never gonna see u2....cries............how do i get out of here to go there?

wherever that is can someone smuggle me in their suitcase? please.............

I hate when things like that happen , but i dont hate u2 for it!

please , please , please , please , please , come to australia , leave the stage behind we dont care , heck you could stand on concrete for all i care , come , come , come , come..................

Thanx

• Subscriber

Of course they will sell more than 10 shows easily!! Look how successful Vertigo 2006 was!!

Join in with all the Aussies - make this your new signature (thanks to Leonie/Max) - we want U2 downunder ! Add your voice to the Dear Whoever... thread in General section (created by Leonie)

...from what I heard, they're trying to work with the venues, they need to have 10 shows sold out (in Australia)...

How come they normally manage to do 2 concerts in Brazil, for instance, where the currency is always weaker, and have to sold out 10 shows in Australia alone in order to play there? It doesn´t sound right. 10 shows in The Pacific would make more sense, to me, anyway. I´m confident they´ll play in Australia.

• Subscriber

Im happy to add my voice to this,agree very hole heartly that these talented extremly good looking guys need to get down to our sunny shores down under,we will have a big party for them,like every body has said they will sell out 10 shows no prob,& if not they can all ways play in my back yard,we go do a great bbq for them.

and also its not a world tour if the down under reagion gets left off.

may be we should start a pertion to get them down here.wink.gif