u2 cancel downunder plans?

The concept here is like a comparison of airfare between the U.S./Europe and Australia vs. U.S./Europe and S. America. I guess shipping the production to S. America is way cheaper than shipping it all the way to Australia/N.Z...but again, I've heard this tour will last to 2011. There's other news out there that I won't bring up, unless someone else does it first....(with notice from a credible form of media).

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

spill Bflorendo! There's sort of a petition already, if you want to post your msgs in the "Dear Whoever.." topic, in the General forum started by Leonie and make your signature the 'aussie flag etc' (with thanks to Leonie/Max) so they can see there's demand for them here

• Subscriber

http://community.u2.com/reply/310877#reply-310877 thats the thread to post in - not stupid at all Happyme, I find this zoo bit confusing too :)

I will find the instructions for the aussie flag, posted them earlier - BRB :)

OK BACK -

To make this your signature - First right click/save the aussie flag pic to your computer somewhere, remembering where as you need the image url (http:// etc etc) - then click on, as follows

CATEGORIES - My Home - Forum Settings - Settings - Signatures - add signatures >>

SCROLL DOWN TO LAST BOX - HTML signature - delete 'Your Signature' text - CLICK on small icon (image) left of yellow smiley - popup appears, copy/paste your saved image url (http:// etc etc) here - CLICK OK (the image should appear if you've done this correctly)

SAVE SETTINGS - SET AS DEFAULT - SAVE (again)

TADA!

• Subscriber

That's horrible for most Australians & New Zealanders. We were lucky enough to go to 3 US shows but also wanted to catch some here.

I suppose a trip at the end of 2010 or early 2011 may need to be replaced with another US trip in June/July, unfortunately that isn't possible for everyone down here that wants to see this great show.

Bit disappointing for us here in Oz if the rumour is true. Members of the band made comments in the media a few months ago indicating they were going to come here - including saying that they were going to leave part of the claw behind here. They shouldn't have said things like that if they knew they needed to sell out 10 shows in order to do it. I'm pretty sure U2 have never sold out 10 stadium shows on any tour they've brought to Australia??? I think they played 7 on the ZooTV tour, 5 or 6 on PopMart and 6 on the Vertigo tour - and I don't think all of those were sell out shows.

I don't doubt it would be expensive to fly all that gear out here, but they brought ZooTV and PopMart here and those stages were massive and probably even more cubersome. The Aussie dollar is going great guns at the moment - we'll have parity with the US dollar in the coming months, so I'm not sure I fully appreciate the argument that it is too expensive for them to come here.

I guess the band need to start asking themselves, do they want to continue being "the people's band" and be accessible to everyone or are they happy to put on these ridiculously large productions and charge ridiculous ticket prices that place them out of reach for some.

I guess I probably wouldn't have gone to see them anyway because I don't like the current setlist and I'm not the biggest fan of NLOTH.

I hope the next time they come to Oz it will be with an arena-based show.

• Subscriber

thanks one bad lemon, i shall try doing this,also thanks for saying not stuoid i shure do feel it some times though.roll.gif

the link has come up as the article not there is it in the payed site or some thing ? 

• Subscriber

I'll wait till the official closing of the tour before giving up hope. I was lucky to catch them in New Jersey recently but would love to see a few shows on home soil.

My guess is it all depends on the release of Song's of Ascent. If its unleashed in 2010 then I think we may see them in Jan, Feb or Mar 2011. If the album is not released until 2011 which is still possible, then I think it will be more likely the end of 2011 which would be a similar scenario that was the ZooTV tour with Achtung and Zooropa releases.