Historic Performance at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate

• Subscriber

For all you people coming to Berlin next week, compared to the rest of european cities its VERY cheap! I dont think you'll have any problems. And its the best city in the world! (im not german! I just live here and its amazing)

Im so exited to have my tickets! This is gonna be amazing!

Welcome to berlin all of you!

I can vouch for this, having visited Berlin last July to see U2 at Berlin's Olympic stadium! I was surprised at how cheap the restaurant/pub food and drink is, and buses and metro fares are compared to Finland, also the ease of not having to change currency, always a plus!!

I tried to get tickets for this, not for myself too short notice, but for a friend but no luck! But I did visit the Brandenburg Gate during my fora mentioned visit, and thought at the time that this would make a great venue for a U2 gig!!

MinBrandenburggatell.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this performance on TV! a020.gif

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't lucky with a ticket - gutted - & I have all of next week off. THought the whole ticketing issue was badly handled. ebay will be doing a brisk trade. Whay cant U2 do something genuine for their genuine fans. I know this is being organised by Berlin city council & Mtv & maybe ticketing rights are outside of U2's control but surley it is not beyond the realms of comprehension for the boys to give something back low key to the fans instaed of doing big publicity events. I'm frustrated & disappointed. Still love them though.

Lemonhead wrote:

That's just to scare people in my opinion. You were allowed to buy two tickets so you can have your ID corresponding with one of them but what of the second one? There's not much they can do about a guy coming up and saying "my mate who got the tickets is already inside".

Yeah... And you know what? I've just read about someone who got 2 tickets, and there isn't his name printed on them, so the thing MTV wrote is pointless. tired.gif You were right, they're trying to scare people...

• Subscriber

I´ve tried all day to get the tickets. without luck! it´s always the same, WRONG PEOPLE get the tickets for a free concert and then THEY MAKE MONEY SELLING THE TICKETS ON EBAY!!!!

IT´S A SHAME!!!

We are fans, want to go to the free concert and what happened..........my friends a me, we haven´t any tickets :-(

There must be a way to stop all this guys selling tickets on ebay, or????

There must be a way to organize a free concert for real fans, or????

• Subscriber

Sorry for asking this: But does anyone know the difference between CAT A and B?

No but about an hour after the sales started tickets were still showing up for B but not for A so it's probably a smaller area closer to the band. I hope this is not the case as I have B...

• Subscriber

Sorry for asking this: But does anyone know the difference between CAT A and B?

I believe not.

The most probably, venue map will looks like this:

U2_Berlin_map_prediction.jpg

But, this is just anticipation (not confirmed by any source yet), so do not treat this as definitive. We just believe it should be done this way smokin.gif

The size of Pariser Platz is enough to host at least 2xmore audience than our 10k fans, so it should be enough space for everyone.