U2's music helps get you through a bad day...week...month

sweetpea78660

• Subscriber

I was laid off from my job this week. First time this has ever  happended to me in 28 years of working (I mostly have worked in health care). So I am feeling very sad, lost and have some sleepless nights. But as always, I can count on U2's music to help me cope. Have been listening and reciting lyrics from Walk On, Some Days are Better than Others and Stuck in a Moment....it's just a moment, this time will pass.

• Subscriber

Awww...the same thing happened to me in June. It takes a while to get adjusted...it feels so strange doesn't it? It will get better though. Listening to U2 definately helps...so does having something fun on the ummm horizon. Plan something soon...it doesn't have to be expensive....but I found that having something to look forward to made life more enjoyable. Take care :)

Dream

Going through the same. Our lives have been turned upside down this summer with him losing his job and my mother dying. Things might get better but, it sure is taking its good old time getting here. U2's music has helped me forget too. Scrapping money together to go see them is soo worth it.

Good Luck to you. I hope your luck changes soon.

Music is the one constant I can always rely on for strength, smile or even a tear.

It's not just every picture that tells a story,it's every song.

As far as u2 goes..sorry,I can't express where they take me at this time because i don't even know..but I do understand how helpful they are..

I know all too well the feelings that are being shared here and my heart goes out to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I still remember something that happened to me a few years ago. When I was about to do my second last math exam at school (kind of a test exam for getting my school leaving exam, it's called Abitur in here Germany, can be compared with A-levels) I felt really horrible. Math was my most hated subject and I was really bad at it. So that day I was really nervous already. And it didn't help either that I overslept and almost got there too late. It was a dark, cold, rainy november morning, way too early for getting up, I hadn't slept well and felt generally terrible when I entered the school building. And out of nowhere this impressive, slowly rising, organ like sound came to my ear which was the intro to Where the Streets Have no Name. And suddenly I couldn't care less about this damn exam (which I very narrowly passed), that bloody day in general and things looked way better from that moment on. For reasons still unknown to me. Strange what music can do to people sometimes. My teacher wasn't very happy about me being late and he was a bit confused when I suddenly turned up with that strange crazy smile on my face, which students usually don't display prior to a very important math exam. I felt a bit mad throughout that exam but Streets made my day.