east lansing, mi venue, june 30th 2010

hbarany

i spoke with ticket master today and they are not selling tickets for the east lansing, mi date, another ticket company apparently is, it is still listed on this site as a place they will tour in 2010. are they still playing that date?? if so who what compant is selling them and can i use my presale code on their website??

• Subscriber

ticketmaster has sold every show for legs 1 & 2.  Spartan Stadium is a dump along with east landfill. Of all places on the planet they are most certainly nothing special for an exception to the current tour format.

ticketmaster has sold every show for legs 1 & 2.  Spartan Stadium is a dump along with east landfill. Of all places on the planet they are most certainly nothing special for an exception to the current tour format.

Ticketmaster didn't handle the tickets for the Las Vegas show - my tickets were done by the UNLV tickets franchise.  Since Spartan stadium is a university venue, I figure their own ticketing office will handle things.  Go find their info on the MSU website.  Since my Sam Boyd tickets were done via U2.com, I would assume the same thing will be true for the MSU show. I mean, U2 have got to move 70,000+ tickets for a midweek show in the most economically depressed state in the US - they'd be nuts not to use their own website for pre-sales!

Figure the appeal of Spartan Stadium is that MSU is located midway between Detroit and Chicago, and U2 have already played Chicago, and no one wants to do a show in the Silverdome if they can help it. 

By the way, the dairy nerds at MSU invented chocolate cheese.  sick.gif

--eaplatt

Figure the appeal of Spartan Stadium is that MSU is located midway between Detroit and Chicago, and U2 have already played Chicago, and no one wants to do a show in the Silverdome if they can help it. 

Whoops, been away too long, I guess.  The Silverdome is closed and, according to the Nov. 12th Wall Street Journal, is up for auction.  No minimum bid, but if you're reaching for your checkbook, the article says all the bids had to be in by Thursday. So no chance to get a unique (and very big) item for your U2 collection--U2 played the Silverdome in 1987, and I believe it was their first stadium show in the US.

On the other hand, the WSJ notes that the annual upkeep for the 'dome is $1.5 million.  Probably better to stick with collecting U2 ticket stubs.

-- eaplatt

• Subscriber

Spartan Stadium is a dump. I do not understand why U2 would want to play there.

I live in the Detroit metro area, and while I did make the trip to Chicago to catch the North America opening night show this summer, I will not go to East Lansing. Too much of a headache.

I hope they add another date to come to the Detroit area. Why not play the very nice FORD field? or Comerica park?

[quote name=roll.gifmikenaz]ticketmaster has sold every show for legs 1 & 2.  Spartan Stadium is a dump along with east landfill. Of all places on the planet they are most certainly nothing special for an exception to the current tour format.Hahaha... just because MSU beat U of M there's no reason to be bitter about it. Why is it a dump? I'm curious to know....

• Subscriber

i spoke with ticket master today and they are not selling tickets for the east lansing, mi date, another ticket company apparently is, it is still listed on this site as a place they will tour in 2010. are they still playing that date?? if so who what compant is selling them and can i use my presale code on their website??

That's funny, I bought my tickets for that show from Ticketmaster.