I am trying to buy "I Believe in Father Christmas". Have a link?

LDM

• Subscriber

Hi.

I don't know what I was thinking last year but I forgot to buy "I Believe in Father Christmas". I watched the video about 30 times.  Anyway, I cannot find it anywhere including itunes, U2.com or in a (RED)wire search.  Can you post  PM me if you know where I can buy it?

Thanks 2 U!

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

If you are heading to Starbucks anytime soon, it is on a four song CD they are giving away with a $15 purchase. I bought a gift card and got the CD, but some are reporting that the $15 cannot go towards gift cards . . . depends on which Starbucks you visit, I guess.

• Subscriber

if you don't want to spend $15 at starbucks (I don't :), it's available on Amazon and ebay. I got mine on Amazon and received it in just a few days, much cheaper. Starbucks only gives a dollar to RED, much better to just donate directly. From what I found the song isn't available online.

• Subscriber

Please support (RED) products if you can, even if you don't really support the business. Every little bit helps.  All those drops in the bucket add up to a lot of anti-retroviral meds for innocent children.  I think Bono and company had a great idea with (Red)--buy stuff and alleviate guilt all in one fell swoop! LOL laugh.gif Merry Christmas, ya'll and a U2 New Year! <3

• Subscriber
Please support (RED) products if you can, even if you don't really support the business. Every little bit helps.  All those drops in the bucket add up to a lot of anti-retroviral meds for innocent children.  I think Bono and company had a great idea with (Red)--buy stuff and alleviate guilt all in one fell swoop! LOL laugh.gif Merry Christmas, ya'll and a U2 New Year! <3

I'm a great supporter of RED products and I think most people here are. I didn't see where someone said not to support RED??

....of course every bit helps, but there are other options than spending $15 at starbucks (they only donate $1-a dollar goes a long way with product RED, but having to spend $15 at Starbucks is ridiculous. The ratio of donation ($1) to profit/cost ($15) is too high!) for those that have no use for coffee products. Starbucks should have done better by RED.

Buying the cd on Amazon or Ebay and donating the $15 (or less) directly to RED works better for some, does for me. If that were done RED would be making out twice as much! I've only seen new, unopened cds for sale so they did already get their donation for that cd. If it were only available at Starbucks I would do without....so Starbucks/red would not be getting any money from me.

They aren't losing money on it and there isn't anything illegal about it. Now if someone was trying to illegally download it then that wouldn't be cool... but it isn't available online.

Side note- I also think they should make the song available on itunes for, say $2.99 and donate the rest. 

I think Starbucks is too limiting, for a few reasons- many people don't consume anything available at Starbucks (and don't know anyone that does), and in today's economy, many are unemployed and spending that much on coffee etc. would just be out of the question. 

• Subscriber

I think the whole idea of Red is to buy what you would normally purchase any way. For you, $15 at Starbucks is an "extra" expense, something that you have no ordinary interest it. For me, Starbucks is something that I purchase several times a month . . . it is where my son's GATE committee meets, for instance. So for me, it makes sense and since I'm going to buy coffee anyway, the CD is FREE. For you, Starbucks wouldn't make sense and your idea to donate directly is a good one.