Minneapolis, Wellington, NZ, Chile and Brazil 360 next?

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Latest U2 360 tour rumors

Posted: November 06, 2009
By: m2

Minneapolis? Wellington, NZ? Chile? Brazil? It doesn't quite havethe ring of "London, New York, Paris, Munich" -- but it does representsome of the latest rumors for the U2 360 tour in 2010. If you want tokeep track of the latest and greatest tour rumors, please keep an eyeon the U2 tour rumors page on our sister site, U2tours.com.

And if you see or hear a rumor in your local paper or on TV/radio, feel free to contact us here on @U2, or send an email to U2tours.com.

I've heard that they're in negotiations with TCF Field (the stadium that the University of Minnesota's Golden Gophers football team plays in.) There's some contention as currently, the building bans the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The dates I've heard bandied about are June 27, and July 1 or 2.

• Subscriber

[quote name='collectoraholic wrote:

tgu2chicagomarch85']Hello: Which radio station did your friend hear about a Nov 21 on sale dat?!

Let me ask her and I'll get back to ya. smile.gif

OK, she said:

It was on Cities 97 this morning at about 9:00/9:15. It was the morningshow guy who gave the ticket sale date, not a separate ad for U2.

Hope this helps!smile.gif

• Subscriber
I've heard that they're in negotiations with TCF Field (the stadium that the University of Minnesota's Golden Gophers football team plays in.) There's some contention as currently, the building bans the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The dates I've heard bandied about are June 27, and July 1 or 2.
TCF doesn't ban alcholic beverages...see below

button1-bm.gif 20090918__tcfBankStadium_400.jpg
Fans cheer during Minnesota's first home game in its new on-campus stadium, TCF Bank Stadium, before a NCAA football game against Air Force, Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009 in Minneapolis. Minnesota wom 20-13. AP Photo/Paul Battaglia) (AP)

A contract for a June 27 outdoor concert by Irish rock band U2 at the University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium could be signed in a week to 10 days.

TCF Bank Stadium has 50,000 seats, but adding chairs on the field could expand seating.

It's unclear whether alcoholic beverages would be available for purchase. The university has the right to make alcoholic beverages available to either all stadium attendees or none